I'll Worry About It on the Cruise
- The morality of retirement. DeMott, John S. // National Catholic Reporter;8/12/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 36, p2a
Argues the responsibility of retirees in the U.S. to morally allocate their wealth. Assumption that U.S. retirees control nearly 30 percent of the nation's personal wealth; Problems posed by intergenerational wealth transfer; Guidelines for distributing personal wealth.
- Finances. // Advertising Age;4/4/2011 Ad Age Insights Supplement, p8
The article examines a survey of members of the U.S. baby boom generation on their personal finances conducted by the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP). Findings of the survey indicating significant financial stress among baby boom generation members are discussed including a lack...
- Do you feel your concerns are heard by your financial advisor? // Senior Market Advisor;Jun2012, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p18
The article presents comments of senior citizens in the U.S. on whether their concerns are heard by their financial advisor. According to a senior from Washington, his advisor is interested in having a particular understanding of what their expectations are. A 75-year-old woman from New Jersey...
- Back on the Job? Get Back on Track. Dunleavey, M. P. // Money;Dec2010, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p29
The article presents recommendations on steps that people should take to improve their finances when they return to work after being unemployed. The author feels that people should rebuild their savings, pay-off their debts, and rebuild their retirement accounts. Recommendations are provided on...
- Be in Charge of Money. Honeck, Jane // Personal Excellence Essentials;Sep2010, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p12
The author offers tips on managing money. She notes the importance for people to identify the role of money in their lives and to talk about money in order to enhance their understanding of it. She explains that understanding the importance of money allows people to be capable of controlling it....
- If you and your partner have money problems you have to talk. Field, Nicola // Money (Australia Edition);May2005, Issue 4, p46
Offers advice for couples on dealing with financial problems. Importance of protecting creditworthiness; Tips on budgeting personal finance; Need for couples to negotiate a solution to financial problems.
- Saving tips. // Money (Australia Edition);Sep2004, Issue 9, p106
Presents tips in saving and budgeting personal finances.
- Financial Preparedness. Smith, Steven B. // Personal Excellence Essentials;Dec2005, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p11
The article provides tips in managing personal finances. People need to save to be financially prepared in cases of emergency. To help save and prepare finances for emergencies people need to create a monthly spending plan, a budget plan, an emergency fund and a trust or a will. With the help of...
- Megan wants toâ€¦ Get out of debt. Clitheroe, Paul // Money (Australia Edition);May2005, Issue 4, p48
Addresses a question on reducing personal loan debt. Recommendations for reducing personal loan debt; Advantages of budgeting.