Money, the Bible, and Financial Planning
- A little child shall lead them. Van Nuys, John // Presbyterians Today;Oct2011, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p21
The article reports on the efforts on an eight-year old boy to fulfill his pledge of giving. It mentions how the boy's faith influence the Presbyterian Church in Crawfordsville, Indiana to give more to God through the church's stewardship. It notes on the little boy's belief on the good things...
- How can I support my family and give to the church? Blue, Ron // Marriage Partnership;Winter92, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p78
Discusses the dilemma faced by Christian married couples on how to divide time and money for their family and the church. Need to balance charitable giving and family obligations; Ways on how to find the money to give; Issues on how much money to contribute.
- Past The Plate. Danielle, Britni // Jet;4/30/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 9, p37
The article offers church-goers alternatives to giving monetary donations when personal funds are low, suggesting volunteering one's talents to church events, offering support to other parishioners, and making monetary donations as one's income allows.
- EDITORIAL. Grothe, Rebecca // Clergy Journal;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on financial stewardship from Richard L. Klopp and Willam G. Enright, another on pastoral care issues by Victor Parachin and John Throop, and living a contemplative life by William Matthews.
- Nucleus picks comms chief. Macdonald, Sam // Money Marketing;4/19/2012, p10
The article announces the appointment of Faith Liversedge as independent financial adviser (IFA) for communications manager at Nucleus.
- WHO$E MONEY IS IT, ANYWAY? Burkett, Larry // Campus Life;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p46
Discusses the Christian value of stewardship. Management of money according to God's plan; Recognition of God's ownership of everything; Creation of a spending plan; Consideration of tithes as a minimum testimony to God's ownership.
- Crime time. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;5/3/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 9, p55
Discusses the percentage of the amount of what Christians give that goes to supporting missions worldwide. Estimate on the amount of money Christians give every year; Importance of foreign missions.
- A change for the better. Rees Larcombe, Justyn // Reform Magazine;Sep2014, p16
The article presents an interview with Justyn Rees Larcombe, a financial advisor by profession in insurance sector. When asked about his personal life, Larcombe answered how he lost everything due to gambling addiction. Justyn for one of his questions asked on faith, answered that it was his...
- Who gives? Smith, Christian; Emerson, Michael O.; Snell, Patricia // Christian Century;10/7/2008, Vol. 125 Issue 20, p26
The article presents an overview of the financial charitable habits of U.S. Christians in the 21st century. Six major statistics are offered suggesting that many U.S. Christians give little or no charitable donations, that church bodies donate unevenly when they do, that higher income households...