70-Year-Old Man With Fever, Shaking Chills, and Weakness
- Review: Fair evidence supports several tests in investigating fever of unknown origin. Larson, Eric B. // ACP Journal Club;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 139 Issue 2, p49
Analyzes different approaches in diagnosing fever of unknown origin. Data sources; Data Extraction; Results; Conclusion; Commentary.
- Requiem for gouty nephropathy. Beck, Laurence H. // Kidney International;Aug1986, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p280
Describes the case of a 74-year-old male presented with gouty nephropathy. History behind the patient's medical condition; Clinical investigations and diagnosis; Management of the patient's disease.
- Behcetâ€™s disease. Al-Mutawa, S. A.; Hegab, S. M. // Clinical & Experimental Medicine;Dec2004, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p103
Behcetâ€™s disease is a recurrent multisystem vasculitis that can affect any organ or system, but was originally described as orogenital ulcerations and uveitis. Specific criteria have been proposed for diagnosis and identification of affected organs by different national authorities....
- Chronic actinic dermatitis -- A study of clinical features. Somani, Vijay K. // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p409
Background: Chronic actinic dermatitis (CAD), one of the immune mediated photo-dermatoses, comprises a spectrum of conditions including persistent light reactivity, photosensitive eczema and actinic reticuloid. Diagnostic criteria were laid down about 20 years back, but clinical features are the...
- The differential diagnosis between rejection and cyclosporine toxicity. Mihatsch, Michael J.; Ryffel, Bernhard; Gudat, Fred // Kidney International Supplement;Dec1995, Issue 52, pS-63
Discusses studies on morphological outcome of cyclosporine-associated arteriolopathy after discontinuation of cyclosporine in patients with renal allografts. Pathology of renal allograft rejection; Criteria for the histologic diagnosis of renal allograft rejection; Interpretation of biopsies in...
- Understanding Porokeratosis. Bakotic, Bradley W.; Shavelson, Dennis // Podiatry Management;Mar2007, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p121
The article offers information on porokeratosis, a condition commonly confused with intractable plantar keratoses (IPK), porokeratosis punctata, and punctate keratoderma. It explains the reasons for the confusion revolving around the term porokeratosis as its applies to dermatological lesions of...
- Challenges in pulmonary fibrosis Â· 5: The NSIP/UIP debate. du Bois, Roland; King Jr, Talmadge E. // Thorax;Nov2007, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p1008
Among the idiopathic interstitial pneumonias, the two entities-idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) characterised by the presence of the usual interstitial pneumonia pattern of histopathology (IPF/UIP) and non-specific interstitial pneumonia (NSIP; same nomenclature for the histopathological...
- Study of borderline and invasive mucinous ovarian tumors using Ki-67 (MIB 1) antibodies and nucleolar organizer region (NOR) staining. Terlikowski, S.; Sulkowski, S.; Lenczewski, A.; Musiatowicz, B.; Kulikowski, M. // Archives of Gynecology & Obstetrics;Jan2000, Vol. 263 Issue 1/2, p29
Extensive application of new methods in histopathology has resulted in large quantities of data on molecular markers in different types of human tumors. The main purpose has been to obtain additional parameters for the characterization of various types of malignancy to give more precise...
- Case Report: West Nile Fever with Meningitis. Bergner, Paul // Medical Herbalism: A Journal for the Clinical Practitioner;Fall2004, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Discusses a case of West Nile Fever with meningitis. Clinical description of West Nile infection; Treatment of the disease; Symptoms associated with the disease.