10 Questions with . . . Dan Hunter and Kevin Werbach on Blogs and a New Information Center of Gravity
- Could gaming revitalize engineering education? Teschler, Leland // Machine Design;Dec2012 Technology Showcase, Vol. 84, p18
In this article, the author looks into gaming as a possible way to improve educational experience in engineering schools. The author relates that as a youth, he sometimes got bored sitting in engineering classes while looking at a chalkboard full of equations. He mentions that the book, "For the...
- Make Social Networking Work for You. Humphries // Windows IT Pro;May2009, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p5
Various blogs relevant to information technology is discussed, including SavvyAsst, EmpowerITDev and LeftBrainStore at Twitter.com.
- Wake Up to the Blogosphere. Conhaim, Wallys W.; Page, Loraine // Information Today;Sep2004, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p39
This article discusses the concept and principles of Weblogs and their significance in the field of IT. What Blogs and feeds from more traditional news sources, have in common is the fact that their material is syndicated via Really Simple Syndication, an XML-based format for distributing and...
- Information Technology. Isaac, Peter // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p74
The article focuses on Chartered Accountants who are increasingly being looked to as advisers across the sweep of information systems intrusion immunisation. A signed auto-reply message gives spammers confirmation of ones valid email address, and hackers are alerted to the fact that the person...
- GAMIFICACIÃ“N. // Capital Humano;ene2014, Vol. 27 Issue 283, p129
Se presenta una reseÃ±a del libro â€œGamificaciÃ³n" de Kevin Werbach y Dan Hunter.
- Media Resources. // Digital Content Producer;Jan2007, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p12
The article presents a list of media resources. They include the web article entitled "Creative Screen Spotting: Effective Mounting Solutions for Retail Digital Signage," by Dale Smith, the white paper entitled "Clocking, Jitter and the Digidesign 192 I/O Audio Interface," prepared by Gannon...
- Read all about IT. // Computer Weekly;6/2/2009, p28
The article presents information on the blogs about news related to Information Technology (IT), posted on the web version of the journal.
- HOW THE WEB AFFECTS THE INFORMATION ENVIRONMENT. Lăzăroiu, George // Economics, Management & Financial Markets;Sep2009, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p286
Hindman et al. undertake a large-scale survey of the political content available online, involving iterative crawling away from political sites easily accessible through popular online search tools, and using sophisticated automated methods to categorize site content. As Sciadas puts it, key...
- A SIP FROM THE FIRE HOSE. Etches-Johnson, Amanda // Access (1204-0472);Summer2009, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p24
The article offers strategies for keeping up with the fast pace of technology. It states that a good way to keep up with all the new tools, technology and terminology is by reading blogs on the Internet. It also notes a simple and low-tech way is by talking to colleagues and asking what they...