Botulinum Toxin Type A for the Prophylactic Treatment of Chronic Daily Headache: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial
- Clinical Profile of Botulinum Toxin A in Patients with Chronic Headaches and Cervical Dystonia: A Prospective, Open-Label, Longitudinal Study Conducted in a Naturalistic Clinical Practice Setting. Dowson, Andrew J; Kilminster, Shaun G; Salt, Rebecca // Drugs in R&D;2008, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p147
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: Some evidence for the efficacy of botulinum toxin A as a preventive treatment for chronic primary headaches has been reported in randomized, controlled clinical studies. This study investigated the clinical profile of botulinum toxin A in a naturalistic clinical...
- New acute treatments for headache. Rapoport, Alan M. // Neurological Sciences;Jun2010, Vol. 31, p129
Although we have several acute care medications for the treatment of migraine, we are always looking for new medications to treat our patients. Patients often say that their headaches are not under optimal control and would be happy to try another medication. Patients look for faster onset of...
- Botox has long duration of action for Tx of axillary hyperhidrosis. Kuznar, Wayne // Dermatology Times;May2004, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p94
Examines the effect of intradermal botulinum toxin type A for the treatment of primary axillary hyperhidrosis in a study in the U.S. Efficacy of the botulinum toxin type A; Patients enrolled in the study; Use of botulinum toxin in various forms of hyperhidrosis.
- Cocrystal structure of synaptobrevin-II bound to botulinum neurotoxin type B at 2.0 Ã… resolution. Hanson, Michael A.; Stevens, Raymond C. // Nature Structural Biology;Aug2000, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p687
Botulinum neurotoxin serotype B is a zinc protease that disrupts neurotransmitter release by cleaving synaptobrevin-II (Sb2), one of three SNARE proteins involved in neuronal synaptic vesicle fusion. The three-dimensional crystal structure of the apo botulinum neurotoxin serotype B catalytic...
- Uses of botulinum toxin injection in medicine today. Munchau, A.; Bhatia, K. P. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/15/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7228, p161
Discusses the uses of botulinum toxin injection in modern medicine. Mode of action; Rationale for treatment with botulinum neurotoxin; Side effects of the toxin; Indications for treatment.
- The many faces of botox. Cohen, Sharon; Kallen, Ben // Shape;Jul2004, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p93
Reports on various uses of botulinum toxin.
- Editors' Response to Johnson. Hooper, David C.; Hirsch, Martin S. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;Sep2014, Vol. 210 Issue 6, p993
A response from the editor related to articles regarding the purported new botulinum neurotoxin serotype H published in a 2014 issue is presented.
- Treatment of Piriformis Syndrome with Botulinum Toxin-A,
Using V-sNCT to Aid Diagnosis. Cork, Randall C.; Hernandez, Lou; Brandt, Susan; Chaubey, Rakesh; Alexander, J. S.; Alexander, Lori // Internet Journal of Anesthesiology;2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
A retrospective review of 50 patients of the Pain Management Service at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center who received intrapiriformis (Botulinum toxin) injection was performed. The diagnostic criteria for piriformis syndrome includes Gluteal pain with or without pain radiating...
- Botulinum Toxin Structure Offers Clues for Vaccines,
Treatments. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;5/21/2004, p15
By deciphering the near atomic-level structure of the catalytic domain of botulinum toxin type E, one of seven neurotoxins that cause botulism, a disease that paralyzes victims by blocking nerve cells' ability to communicate, scientists at the U.S. Department of Energy's Brookhaven National...