Managers turn to spring cleaning; focus is on secondary
- Investors & investing. // Bond Buyer;02/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30582, p7
Presents graphs on money market funds in the United States as of February 19, 1999. Weekly variable-rate demand notes; Short-term yield curves; Total assets.
- Players try to stay short while fund outflows continue. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;02/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30832, p8
Reports on trends in the money market funds market in the United States, for the week ending February 15, 2000. Concerns of managers on the continuing fund outflows; Losses of tax-free funds during the period; Movement of daily and weekly rates.
- News in brief. Koning, Rachel; Siegel, Gary; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p2
Reports on the volatility of the money market funds market in the United States at year-end 1999. Rates on daily and weekly papers; Factors contributing to the volatility of the market; Poor performance of the tax-exempt money market funds; Daily money market fund flows.
- U.S. funds in black during 2[supnd] quarter. // Pensions & Investments;8/18/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p6
All 459 corporate, foundation/endowment and public funds in the Russell/Mellon U.S. Master Trust Universe had positive performance in the second quarter of 2003. The median fund returned 11.2% for the three months ended June 30, the strongest median return since the fourth quarter of 1998,...
- Money Fund Investors at Risk if U.S. Defaults: Fitch. Barney, Lee // Onwallstreet.com;7/20/2011, p1
As money market funds hold approximately $1.3 trillion in U.S. Treasuries, nearly half of their total $2.7 trillion in assets, investors would probably be spooked in the event of a default by the U.S. government and rush to the exits to redeem their shares. That is the dire warning from Fitch...
- Cashing Out. Morgan, John // Bank Investment Consultant;May2009, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the plan of some investors in the U.S. It notes that some investors are moving their cash off the sidelines into equities based on the study conducted by the Investment Company Institute. It mentions that the total retail money market fund assets fell from $1.340 trillion...
- Top 10 Growth Funds. // Money Management Executive;10/27/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p4
Presents a chart from Lipper Analytical Services on the top ten growing funds through September 29, 2003.
- Tax-Free Yields Jump 12 Basis Points. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32059, p6
The article reports that the tax-free money market funds' average yield has raised 12 basis points to 1.23% on an annualized basis, as their assets climbed by $1.5 billion. The net inflow bumped the overall size of the funds up to $324.69 billion. Taxable funds, meanwhile, had a $9.42 billion...
- Money Fund Assets Rise To $3.454 Trillion. // Money Management Executive;3/24/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of money market mutual fund assets in the U.S. The Investment Company Institute asserts that total money market mutual fund assets have increased by $6.46 billion to $3.454 trillion as of the end of March 12, 2008. Moreover, the 7-day average...