States lobby Congress for laws negating effects of court ruling
- Congress' $11 Billion Gap. Greiling Keane, Angela // Traffic World;6/20/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 25, p12
Analyzes the status of the highway bill in the United States Congress. Concerns about meeting the June 30, 2005 deadline; Differences in the amounts of spending authorized by the Senate and the House; Lobbying efforts by road builders.
- House Appropriations Leaders Offer Bill to Restore Road Funds. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/12/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31342, p5
Reports the introduction of legislation for highway construction funds in the U.S. House. Introduction of a bill to raise highway spending for Fiscal 2003 by the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee; Rift between the Transportation Committee and the Appropriations Committee over the...
- Highways lose debate. Barnes, David // Traffic World;05/26/97, Vol. 250 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the US House of Representatives' disapproval of a legislative bill to increase highway spending. Extension of aviation excise taxes; Proposed cuts on the defense to accommodate spending on surface transportation; Opponents and proponents of the bill; Implications of the proposed bill...
- Debate ahead on National Highway System funding. // Overdrive;Jan94, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p23
Reports on the legislation to establish the National Highway System at the second session of the 103rd Congress.
- Recent Action in the Congress. // Congressional Digest;Dec94, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p297
Reports on developments involving lobbying in the US Congress. Disclosure of activities; Gift giving by lobbyists; Passage of a legislation amending the Ethics Reform Act.
- From the K street corridor. Barnes, James A.; Stone, Peter H.; Kriz, Margaret // National Journal;11/08/97, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p2261
Reports on matters related to lobbying in the United States Congress. Medicare chair for Deborah Steelman; Fight over health care; Effects of the deregulation of electricity.
- Our Turn to Lobby. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31743, p35
Reports on the move of the District of Columbia to hire lobbyists to plead its case in Congress, which has veto over all legislation passed by the District Councils, chief financial officer Natwar M. Gandhi. Efforts to increase representation; Engagement in lobbying activities; Identification...
- Raising Highway Hopes. Greiling Keane, Angela // Traffic World;1/17/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the need for a highway bill. The highway bill stalled in 2004 as the White House vowed to limit spending and members of Congress battled over how funds would be distributed to states. Those same obstacles are still in place this year, but so is Donohue's urgent call to...
- Get ready for a busy fall. // AHA News;8/30/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 17, p4
The author comments that U.S. Congress faces a busy period when its session resumes on September 9, 2013 and indicates that the 2013 fall will also be a busy period for hospital advocacy of the American Health Association (AHA) as it steps up efforts in lobbying the U.S. Congress to take action.