Rangel to reintroduce spruced-up QZAB proposal
- Qualified Zone Academy Bond plan shines hope on nation's poor schools. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/26/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30217, p1
Reports on US Representative Charles B. Rangel's success in getting the Congress and the Clinton administration to establish the tax credit program `Qualified Zone Academy Bonds.' Features of the program; Challenges faced in pushing for the program; Hurdles in getting the provision into law;...
- Rep. Rangel pressing retooled school tax-credit bond plan. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;09/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30733, p7
Reports on legislator Charles Rangel's legislative proposal that would allow the issuance of tax-credit bonds to build and renovate school buildings in the United States. Key provisions; Bond programs included in the bill; Prospects of the bill in the United States House Ways & Means Committee.
- Rangel Bill Would Make QSCBs and QZABs Permanent. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;4/25/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33901, p4
The article informs that U.S. Republican Charlie Rangel has presented the bill School Act, HR 1629 that would create permanent qualified school construction bonds (QSCBs) and qualified zone academy bonds (QZABs).
- Rangel Bill Looks to Manufacturing Redevelopment. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/16/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32734, p5
The article reports on a legislation drafted by U.S. House Ways and Means Committee chairman Charles Rangel and panel Democrats. The measure would authorize state and local governments to issue tax-exempt and tax-credit bonds for the redevelopment of abandoned manufacturing areas. It would...
- House OKs Bill Making Mortgage Bonds More Useful for Gulf Coast. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/29/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32597, p5
The article reports on the approval of bipartisan legislation by voice vote that would make single-family mortgage revenue bonds more useful for repairs and reconstruction in the Gulf Coast region. The Katrina Housing Tax Relief Act of 2007 sponsored by Ways and Means Committee chairman Charles...
- Schools Could Keep Allocations. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/3/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33227, p1
The article reports on the latest status on the Qualified School Construction Bond (QSCB) allocations of local school districts in the U.S. in 2009. It highlights the current announcement that gave large school districts the chance to keep their unused QSCB allocations despite expiration at the...
- House Panel Vote Expected on Energy Bond Bill. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;5/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32876, p5
The article reports that HR 6049 or the Energy and Tax Extenders Act of 2008 sponsored by the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee chairman Charles Rangel has finally put under vote to legalize the proposed issuance of up to $5.4 billion of tax credit bonds. If legalized, the bond will be used to...
- Rangel, Johnson Reintroduce Bill. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;03/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31097, p6
Reports that legislators Charles Rangel and Nancy Johnson has reintroduced legislation to allow taxable tax-credit bonds to finance the construction and renovation of public schools in the United States.
- Liberty for the Gulf Coast? McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;9/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32215, p1
Reports on the support of U.S. Representatives Bill Thomas and Charles Rangel on the proposed tax relief measures that could include a Liberty bond-style programmed for the devastated Gulf Coast region in the U.S. Efforts of the federal Internal Revenue Service to spell out the details of the...