Florida Senate sends amended Miami-Dade bill back to house
- For Illinois Tollway, Delaying Repairs Is No Longer an Option. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p30
Reports on the hearings conducted by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority over the proposed toll increase in the state. Financing for the upgrades and repairs of the state's mile system; Requirement of an independent engineering firm to review the status of the system; Details of the...
- SLEDGEHAMMER ALERT TO STOP TOLL ROADS -- KILL THE CDAs !! // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);7/1/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p8
The article announces the need of lobbyists and supporters for an initiative to stop toll roads by abolishing the Comprehensive Development Agreements (CDA) in the U.S.
- Alamo RMA Chairman Thornton Releases Statement On TxDOT Proposal On Tolling Existing Interstate Highway Lanes. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);9/5/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p21
The article offers information regarding the proposal made by the Alamo Regional Mobility Authority (Alamo RMA) Board Chairman, William E. Thornton on potentially toll existing Interstate Highways.
- This Week. // State Journal (WV);7/27/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the removal of the turnpike tolls by 2019, changes in the coal mine pollutant discharge rules and the lawsuit filed against State Election Commission.
- AAA withdraws support for NHS bill. Barnes, David // Traffic World;5/22/95, Vol. 242 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the withdrawal of the American Automobile Association's support for the National Highway System legislative bill. Imposition of tolls on interstate highways; Highway Users Federation and the American Trucking Associations' opposition against the bill.
- Lkw-MautsÃ¤tze weiter strittig. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;6/7/2013, Issue 23, p026
An article is presented on the legality of the toll structure of German highways for commercial tractor-trailer trucks as determined by the Bundesverwaltungsgericht (German Federal Administrative Court).
- Road haulage companies ask for temporary suspension of e-toll. // Hungary A.M.;07/09/2013, p1
The article reports on the move of road haulage businesses in Hungary to ask the government for the temporary suspension of a new electronic toll system (e-toll) in the country which they alleged for overcharges.
- Tax Hike Opponents Arise. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/2/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33558, p7
The article focuses on the creation of a political action committee group comprising of several residents from Little Rock, Arkansas named as 500 Million Dollars Tax-Too Much aimed at opposing Mayor Mark Stodola's proposal to raise the city's sales tax rate by 1% to fund capital projects.
- Illinois' tax could be N.H.'s gain. Barry, Curtis J. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/20/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p19
The article focuses on the issue regarding sales tax policies in New Hampshire, in which it mentions that Illinois is not alone in passing the legislation as five other states have enacted laws requiring out-of-state retailers to collect sales taxes if they have online affiliates in the state.