Jobless claims fell 20,000 to 294,000
- Supplementary benefit: postal claims now possible. // Accountancy;Jan1983, Vol. 94 Issue 1073, p9
Focuses on the system for claiming supplementary benefits by the unemployed that came into effect in Great Britain on December 6, 1982.
- Dole recipients up. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Feb95, p9
Reports on the increase in the number of people availing unemployment benefits in China in the first nine months of 1994 according to the Labour Ministry.
- Unemployment insurance: Recent legislation. DiSimone, Rita L. // Social Security Bulletin;Spring92, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p47
Looks at legislation in the United States providing temporary emergency unemployment compensation benefits to eligible workers duly financed by federal funds. Historical background of the extended benefit program for unemployed workers; Provisions of the major legislation; Coverage and benefit...
- Top jobless pay hits $350 a week. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jul95, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p45
Reports that the maximum weekly unemployment insurance benefit in Washington will increase from $343 to $350 beginning July 1995 according to Employment Security commissioner Vernon Stoner.
- The effects of employer-provided severance benefits on reemployment outcomes. Kodrzycki, Yolanda K. // New England Economic Review;Nov/Dec98, p41
Discusses the effects of severance packages offered to laid-off workers on reemployment outcomes. How employer-provided severance benefits compare with government-mandated unemployment insurance; Major features of unemployment insurance and severance benefits; Summary.
- Supplementary benefit claims by post. // Accountancy;Oct82, Vol. 93 Issue 1070, p6
Announces the launching of a postal system in Great Britain that enables the unemployed to claim their supplementary benefits through the postal service. Supply of postal claim forms by Unemployment Benefit Offices; Submission of forms to the Department of Health and Social Security.
- Jobless Claims Rise 16,000 to 442,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p2
First-time applications for state unemployment benefits rose 16,000 to 442,000 in Washington in the week ended May 31, 2003. The applications figure of 442,000 follows the previous week's revised level of 426,000, which originally was reported as 424,000. The last time the seasonally adjusted...
- Poland on the dole: The effect of reducing the unemployment benefit entitlement period during transition. Puhani, Patrick A. // Journal of Population Economics;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p35
Abstract: We analyse the unemployment benefit regime change that occurred in Poland in December 1991 using data from the Polish Labour Force Survey. Before December 1991, the entitlement period to unemployment benefits was unlimited. Thereafter, it was reduced to 12 months (with a few...
- Jobless Claims FaIl 24,000 To 435,000 in Nov. 6 Week. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/11/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33415, p2
The article reports on the decrease of jobless claims from 435,000 to 24,000 in the U.S. as of November 6, 2010.