FBI Transformation: Human Capital Strategies May Assist the FBI in Its Commitment to Address Its Top Priorities: GAO-04-817T
- HR Is Mission Critical at the FBI. Pomeroy, Ann // HR Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p66
The article profiles Don Packham, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) new assistant director and chief human resources officer. Though he grappled with many difficult business challenges during 30 years in the private sector, they pale by comparison to what the FBI deals with daily,...
- FBI to open Wenatchee office quietly. Dudley, Rebecca // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 8, pA7
Reports that the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation is planning to open a law enforcement office in Wenatchee, Washington. Bureau's plans of fixing up office space at the downtown Federal Building and place agents to staff the facility; Reason behind the agency's decision to open an...
- Tension at FBI: investigation or prevention? Chinni, Dante // Christian Science Monitor;11/8/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 242, p5
Discusses questions about the mission, methods, and caseload of the United States Federal Bureau of Investigations.
- What's at the Heart Of FBI Failures? Andersen, Martin Edwin // Insight on the News;7/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p20
Discusses the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) culture epitomized by a lack of accountability and risk aversion, which hinders them from winning the war against terrorism as of July 2002. Information on the proposed restructuring of the FBI, according to FBI Director Robert Mueller...
- Modernizing the FBI Is an Open-and-Shut Case. Aldrich, Gary // Human Events;8/27/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 32, p10
Urges the modernization of the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation. Criticisms on the effort to solve the problems facing the agency; Possible result of the agency's modernization.
- Major Management Challenges and Program Risks: Department of Justice: GAO-03-105. // GAO Reports;1/1/2003, p1
In its 2001 performance and accountability report on the Department of Justice, GAO identified five major management challenges. Justice has since made progress on (1) developing measurable performance targets in reducing illegal drugs and (2) improving management of its asset forfeiture...
- Information Technology: FBI Needs an Enterprise Architecture to Guide Its Modernization Activities: GAO-03-959. Hite, Randolph C. // GAO Reports;9/25/2003, p1
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is in the process of modernizing its information technology (IT) systems. Replacing much of its 1980s-based technology with modern system applications and a robust technical infrastructure, this modernization is intended to enable the FBI to take an...
- Letters. Wilson, Hugh H. "Hamp"; Corbett, J. Trent // Government Executive;Jun2007, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p8
Two letters to the editor are presented, one in response to the article "Hooked on Contracts," in the April 1, 2007 issue, and the other in response to the article "Agents of Tolerance," in the April 15, 2007 issue.
- History Buffy. // Weekly Reader News - Senior;12/9/2005, Vol. 84 Issue 13, p6
This article presents clues about a former director of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation. Born January 1, 1895, this man led the bureau for more than 50 years before he died in 1972. He is responsible for transforming the agency into a respected national police force. Under his...