Reducing inpatriate managersï¿½ ï¿½Liability of Foreignnessï¿½ by addressing stigmatization and stereotype threats
- Characteristics of Japanese FDI in the East and the West: Understanding the strategic motives of Japanese investment. Pak, Yong Suhk; Park, Young-Ryeol // Journal of World Business;Aug2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p254
Abstract: Key determinants that distinguish the investment behavior of Japanese manufacturing companies in two general regions (East and West) and two specific countries (China and the United States) were investigated to identify the underlying global strategic motives of Japanese investment....
- THE CHANGING LANDSCAPE OF THE FINANCIAL SERVICES INDUSTRY: WHAT LIES AHEAD? Lown, Cara S.; Osler, Carol L.; Strahan, Philip E.; Sufi, Amir // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Oct2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p39
Examines the potential consequences of the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act for the structure of the United States financial services industry. Overview of mergers and acquisitions in the banking industry; Expansion of bank powers prior to Gramm-Leach-Bliley; Analysis of the market reaction to the...
- Statement to the Congress. Greenspan, Alan // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Aug98, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p647
Presents a speech given by the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the United States Federal Reserve System before the US Senate's Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs on June 17, 1998. Discussion of the country's need for financial reform; Analysis of the Financial Services Act of...
- Consumers benefit from inflationary changes to bankruptcy code. Avery, Wesley H. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/18/2001, Issue 322787, p24
Focuses on the benefits of consumers from inflationary changes in the United States Bankruptcy Code. Areas of the Bankruptcy Code affected by inflationary changes; Impact of such changes on consumers contemplating bankruptcy and their creditors; Overview on conditions under the current...
- Housing starts and home mortgages head sharply downward. Asher, Joseph // ABA Banking Journal;May80, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p94
Reports the decline of housing and mortgage lending in the U.S. Impact of the omnibus financial institutions bill signed by President Carter; Influence of the increasing interest rates; Effect of the inflation on housing and mortgage lending. INSET: Are we on the way to 19,000 banks?.
- Using market data to manage risk. Stern, Gary H. // Region (10453369);Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p2
Discusses the modernization of finance in the United States and the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 which is also known as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB) Act. Effect of the GLB on banking in the US; Market discipline in GLB; Reliance of GLB on market-based data.
- Correspondence. Bass, Perkins; Musgrave, Richard A. // New Republic;3/31/58, Vol. 138 Issue 13, p3
Presents several letters to the editor. Involvement of diplomat Sherman Adams in FCC scandal in the U.S.; Impact of recessions on U.S. industries; Analysis pertaining to the consumer expenditure in the face of recession.
- Actors or activities? On the social construction of "white-collar crime" in the United States. Griffin, Sean Patrick // Crime, Law & Social Change;Apr2002, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p245
Fraud in the U.S. penny-stock industry has recently garnered a great deal of media attention. This article documents and deconstructs several cases of penny-stock fraud, and examines the sociology of securities regulation. The author concludes that securities enforcement in the United States is...
- Other People's Money. Flynn, John T. // New Republic;11/1/33, Vol. 76 Issue 987, p333
Analyzes the prospects and consequence of Securities Act, which passed to protect the public from the depredations of those unscrupulous bankers who passed off on the American people the kind of paper which has been described in the recent Senate investigation of Dillon, Read and Co. and Chase...