Characteristics of Japanese FDI in the East and the West: Understanding the strategic motives of Japanese investment
- Reducing inpatriate managersï¿½ ï¿½Liability of Foreignnessï¿½ by addressing stigmatization and stereotype threats. Harvey, Michael; Novicevic, Milorad M.; Buckley, M. Ronald; Fung, Helen // Journal of World Business;Aug2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p267
Abstract: The acceptance of ï¿½othersï¿½ in an organization can be a long and protracted process that can take years. Seldom is there a smooth assimilation into the corporate ranks for outsiders. Given the increasing number of inpatriate managers arriving in the domestic organizations of...
- More reforms needed to make Mexico successful. MILLS, ALEX // Fort Worth Business Press;10/12/2015, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p25
The article offers the author's insight on the changes in mineral laws in Mexico that will allow investment and development opportunities by companies outside Mexico, which is the highlight of a meeting between officials from the governments of Mexico, the U.S. and Texas.
- Global stock market reactions to scheduled U.S. macroeconomic news announcements. Nikkinen, Jussi; Omran, Mohammed; Sahlstr�m, Petri; �ij�, Janne // Global Finance Journal;Sep2006, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p92
Abstract: This study investigates how global stock markets are integrated with respect to the U.S. macroeconomic news announcements. Although both investors on U.S. and non-U.S. stock markets are interested in those news releases their general importance to stock market investors can be expected...
- THE CHANGING LANDSCAPE OF THE FINANCIAL SERVICES INDUSTRY: WHAT LIES AHEAD? Lown, Cara S.; Osler, Carol L.; Strahan, Philip E.; Sufi, Amir // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Oct2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p39
Examines the potential consequences of the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act for the structure of the United States financial services industry. Overview of mergers and acquisitions in the banking industry; Expansion of bank powers prior to Gramm-Leach-Bliley; Analysis of the market reaction to the...
- Statement to the Congress. Greenspan, Alan // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Aug98, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p647
Presents a speech given by the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the United States Federal Reserve System before the US Senate's Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs on June 17, 1998. Discussion of the country's need for financial reform; Analysis of the Financial Services Act of...
- Consumers benefit from inflationary changes to bankruptcy code. Avery, Wesley H. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/18/2001, Issue 322787, p24
Focuses on the benefits of consumers from inflationary changes in the United States Bankruptcy Code. Areas of the Bankruptcy Code affected by inflationary changes; Impact of such changes on consumers contemplating bankruptcy and their creditors; Overview on conditions under the current...
- Investment Overview. // Uruguay Country Review;2001/2002, p52
Provides an overview of the foreign investment climate in Paraguay. Taxation; Privatizations; Laws governing business and industrial activities; Country's legacy of institutional mismanagement after decades of dictatorship.
- FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT'S IMPACTS ON HOST-COUNTRY EXPORT PERFORMANCE TESTED ON INDUSTRY-LEVEL PANEL DATA FOR SLOVENIA. Kumar, Andrej; Zajc, Katja // Enterprise in Transition: International Conference Proceedings: ;2003, p1222
International business operations of MNEs and other firms often produce in relation to FDI different externalities that enhance the export prospects of local firms and reduce their costs of entering foreign markets. To examine the presence of FDI's export spillovers in Slovenian manufacturing...
- COMMENTARY. BAKER, JOHN // ICIS Chemical Business;6/17/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 21, Special Section p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including foreign market investments, free trade agreements, and regulation of the chemical industry.