FOR OPTIMUM COOKING SAFETY: Why auditing is essential
- 1997 Food Code available. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jan/Feb1998, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p35
Reports on the availability of food safety information in the US Food & Drug Administration's 1997 Food Code. Features of the 1997 edition; Contact information.
- Political food science. Swientek, Bob // Prepared Foods;Aug95, Vol. 164 Issue 9, p11
Editorial. Discusses several pending regulations which aim to reform the FDA and food safety laws. Delaney Clause and its zero-risk interpretation; Food additive petitions; Requirement for the United States government to perform comprehensive studies to show costs and benefits for any new...
- Do consumers trust food-safety information? Buzby, Jean C.; Ready, Richard C. // FoodReview;Jan-Apr96, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p46
Queries whether consumers trust food safety information provided in the United States. Mediums through which this information is relayed; Details on a survey conducted by researchers at the University of Kentucky; Focus of the research; Major concerns relating to food; Activities of the Food...
- TB or not TB. Boisclair, Marc // Restaurant Business;07/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 14, p24
Reports on the Denver, Colorado Board of Environmental Health's impending decision on whether to continue the requirement for food handlers to take tuberculosis tests.
- Data needs to address economic issues in food safety. Roberts, Tanya; Smallwood, David // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug91, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p933
Focuses on the factors the influences the selection of new food safety data in the United States. Lack of information as a central food safety problem; Physical and biological data needs; Economic and behavioral science data needs.
- Data needs to address economic issues in food safety: Discussion. Caswell, Julie A. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug91, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p945
Discusses the economically significant food safety risks facing the United States population. Division of food safety data needs; Ensuring data collection systems are designed to generate information; Role played by economists.
- Tainted by politicking? Kriz, Margaret // National Journal;4/26/97, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p825
Focuses on food safety problems in the United States and the actions taken by the Clinton Administration. Contamination of hamburgers with Escherichia coli virus; Overhaul of federal food-safety bureaucracy; Restructuring of the Agriculture Department's food-safety program; Refocus on national...
- Food safety tips for cooking outdoors. // Filipino Post;5/27/2010, p7
The article offers safety tips for outdoor cookery, to avoid food poisoning and harmful bacteria such as salmonella.
- Safe Cookin'. // Scholastic Parent & Child;Nov2011, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p75
The article offers cooking tips on how to prevent food-borne illnesses in the home which include washing hands with liquid soap and water, filling food with stuffing just before putting in the oven, and cleaning all surfaces in the kitchen after handling raw meat.