FOR OPTIMUM COOKING SAFETY: Why auditing is essential
- 1997 Food Code available. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jan/Feb1998, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p35
Reports on the availability of food safety information in the US Food & Drug Administration's 1997 Food Code. Features of the 1997 edition; Contact information.
- Political food science. Swientek, Bob // Prepared Foods;Aug95, Vol. 164 Issue 9, p11
Editorial. Discusses several pending regulations which aim to reform the FDA and food safety laws. Delaney Clause and its zero-risk interpretation; Food additive petitions; Requirement for the United States government to perform comprehensive studies to show costs and benefits for any new...
- Do consumers trust food-safety information? Buzby, Jean C.; Ready, Richard C. // FoodReview;Jan-Apr96, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p46
Queries whether consumers trust food safety information provided in the United States. Mediums through which this information is relayed; Details on a survey conducted by researchers at the University of Kentucky; Focus of the research; Major concerns relating to food; Activities of the Food...
- TB or not TB. Boisclair, Marc // Restaurant Business;07/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 14, p24
Reports on the Denver, Colorado Board of Environmental Health's impending decision on whether to continue the requirement for food handlers to take tuberculosis tests.
- Data needs to address economic issues in food safety. Roberts, Tanya; Smallwood, David // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug91, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p933
Focuses on the factors the influences the selection of new food safety data in the United States. Lack of information as a central food safety problem; Physical and biological data needs; Economic and behavioral science data needs.
- Data needs to address economic issues in food safety: Discussion. Caswell, Julie A. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug91, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p945
Discusses the economically significant food safety risks facing the United States population. Division of food safety data needs; Ensuring data collection systems are designed to generate information; Role played by economists.
- Tainted by politicking? Kriz, Margaret // National Journal;4/26/97, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p825
Focuses on food safety problems in the United States and the actions taken by the Clinton Administration. Contamination of hamburgers with Escherichia coli virus; Overhaul of federal food-safety bureaucracy; Restructuring of the Agriculture Department's food-safety program; Refocus on national...
- Food safety tips for cooking outdoors. // Filipino Post;5/27/2010, p7
The article offers safety tips for outdoor cookery, to avoid food poisoning and harmful bacteria such as salmonella.
- Food safety tips for the summer season. // New York Amsterdam News;07/01/99, Vol. 90 Issue 27, p15
Presents food safety tips for the summer season. Cooking; Frozen foods; Poison control hotline in New York City.