Food in Review
- French fry fact file. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p49
Presents facts on French fries. Origin of first commercially precooked and frozen french fried potatoes; Differences in yield among French fry products; Solid and moisture content of potatoes; Variables to consider in selecting a french fry product; Storage and handling.
- THE FRIED SIDE. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;12/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 20, p60
Focuses on variety of fried foods made of potatoes. Evolution of Polenta fries in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; Preparation method of French fries.
- French fried potatoes. Mariani, John // Restaurant Hospitality;Nov96, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p96
No abstract available.
- CRUNCHY SIDES. Harrington, Shirley // Southern Living;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p188
Presents the recipe for Ranch-Seasoned French Fries.
- MISTAKE #41* Your Oven Fries Fizzle. KLINGER, HANNAH // Cooking Light;Mar2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p152
The article recommends soaking potatoes before oven frying in order to prevent them from being soggy or desiccated.
- The War On French Fries. Cowin, Michael R. // Parks & Recreation;Mar2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p200
Traces the origin of French fries. How the `Concise Encyclopedia of Foods and Nutrition' defines French fry; Claims of the people in Belgium that they invented French fries; Nutritional value of French fries.
- Learning to Fry. Levine, Ed // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Feb2001, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p94
Presents the author's account on how he learned a technique in cooking French fries. Influences; Passion for French fries; One-step method for cooking French fries.
- French Fries, Mom-Approved. Black, Rosemary // Parenting;Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p193
Suggests a way of cooking french fries with less fat.
- No-fry french fries. // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar1997, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p251
Presents a recipe for baked French Fries.