KEY TO COST-CONTROL AT CHUBB & SON: `Batch-cooking, production logs'
- The DOWN side of trading UP. Caswell, Julie A.; Donovan, Jason A.; Salay, Elisabete // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;2000 2nd Quarter, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p8
Presents information on the implementation of standards of food quality. Significance of the standards on trade liberalization; Information on food standards of developed and developing countries; Discussion on the implementation of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points in Brazil.
- As strong as your weakest link. Stier, Richard F. // Food Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p22
No abstract available.
- Efficiency of the multiplant, multiproduct firm. Sil, Jayashree; Buccola, Steven // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Nov95, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p1001
Seeks to develop a general framework for assessing the cost, technology and efficient scale of a multiplant, multiproduct processing firm. Elements of a multiplant, multiproduct cost models; Multiproduct analog's to the firm's average and net revenue product functions.
- Manufacture of Food Products in Bulgaria - 2013: COSTS. // SeeNews Research & Profiles (Industry Profiles);2015, p24
The article analyzes the costs incurred by companies in the food products industry in Bulgaria in 2013 including total annual expenses, total operating costs, and the top companies by size of costs such as Oliva AD, Nestle Bulgaria AD, and Amylum-Bulgaria EAD.
- Towards a CEN Standard on food data. Becker, Wulf // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Nov2010 Supplement, Vol. 64, pS49
Background/Objectives:A major goal of the European Food Information Resource (EuroFIR) Network of Excellence is to provide tools to overcome existing differences among member states and parties with respect to documentation and interchange of food composition data. Establishment of a common CEN...
- GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATIONS IN BRAZILIAN FOOD MARKETS: QUALITY CONVENTIONS, INSTITUTIONALIZATION, AND PATH DEPENDENCE. NIEDERLE, PAULO ANDRE; GELAIN, JHULIA // Journal of Rural Social Sciences;2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p26
This paper discusses the institutionalization of the Geographical Indications (GI) system in Brazil. Emphasis is placed on the evaluative disputes underway in hybrid forums where different actors seek to build compromises concerning production rules and standards. Linking economic sociology and...
- Private Food Standards as Responsive Regulation: The Role of National Legislation in the Implementation and Evolution of GLOBALG.A.P. LOCKIE, STEWART; MCNAUGHTON, ANNE; THOMPSON, LYNDAL-JOY; TENNENT, REBEKA // International Journal of Sociology of Agriculture & Food;2013 Special issue, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p275
This article uses a responsive regulation perspective to explore relationships between standards organizations and state agencies in ostensibly private sector regulation of food quality and safety. First we will trace some of the history of the GLOBALG.A.P. private agri-food standard and then,...
- Czech Republic's Ambition Is to Create a Quality Mark System. Havel, Petr // Czech Business & Trade;2008, Issue 05/06, Special section p6
The article offers information on the quality mark system, KLASA, for a range of food products in Czech Republic. This quality mark system is awarded to food and agricultural products by the Minister of Agriculture since 2003. KLASA could also be used for foreign products that could meet its...
- Throwing Light on a Problem. Baldwin, David // National Provisioner;Jul2007 Supplement, Vol. 221, p7
The article discusses the existence of a new mechanism to monitor quality and freshness across the whole food chain, from ingredient supplier to food retailer. INSET: Albertson's Advantage.