TRY A BREAKFAST BUFFET: AM-ing for the vegetarian customer
- GREEN MACHINES. // Men's Health;Dec2005, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p68
This article presents a vegetarian diet for men. Spinach, green vegetables and cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli and brussels sprouts contain: vitamins, including A, C, K and folate; minerals, including calcium and magnesium; fiber; and beta-carotene. The vegetables help fight cancer,...
- Gourmet vegetarian. Jansz, Geoff // Australian House & Garden;Mar1999, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p134
Presents recipes for vegetarian dishes. Burghul Stuffed Tomatoes; Low-Fat Vegetable Tart; Pasta Prima Vera; Fried Rice Balls; Tofu Pockets.
- Vegetarian Recipe Corner. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p106
Presents recipes for vegetarian dishes. Recipe for Mexican Salad Coleslaw; Recipe for Crostana Fig; Recipe for Broccoli Salad.
- fall's bounty. // Good Housekeeping;Oct2000, Vol. 231 Issue 4, p186
Presents several recipes for vegetables. Lentil and Macaroni Soup; Spaghettie With Beets and Greens; Pasta With Broccoli Rabe and Garbanzos.
- Get ready to grill. Kirchner, Bharti // Natural Health;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p64
Presents eight recipes of vegetarian burgers for summer barbecues. Chickpea Burgers; Tempeh Burgers; Plum-Hoisin Sauce; Tofu-Tabbouleh Burgers; Almond-Rice Burgers; Kale-Pecan Burgers; Peanut Sauce; Walnut-Mushroom Burgers.
- Slow and easy. Carroll, Mary // Vegetarian Times;Feb94, Issue 198, p28
Features recipes for vegetarians. Sunday chili; Spicy black bean stew; Low-stress baked beans; Vegetable stroganoff; Mexican corn stew; Lentil-vegetable stew; Russian sauerkraut soup.
- Soothing foods. Periseau, Jeannine Johnso // Vegetarian Times;Feb94, Issue 198, p48
Features recipes for vegetarians. Potato medley; Spinach with garbanzos, pine nuts and raisins; Garlicky greens saute; Quick borscht; Stress-reducing trail mix; Raspberry-peach super smoothie; Tropical yogurt smoothie; Good grains waffle or pancake mix; Good grains waffles or pancakes.
- Like water for tempeh. Cheney, Susan Jane // Vegetarian Times;Feb94, Issue 198, p82
Features recipes for vegetarians. Two-potato soup; Heart beet salad; Eggless buckwheat crepes with tempeh-mushroom filling; Raspberry-glazed pear-almond tart.
- Not gourmet, but still ok. Rattenbury, Jeanne // Vegetarian Times;Nov95, Issue 219, p32
Responds to inquiries with regard to vegetarianism in the United States. Effects of overcooking vegetables on the nutritional value of foods; Impact of a vegetarian diet on dental health.