FDA MODERNIZATION ACT OPENS DOOR FOR: New health claims for food
- Ethics/Regulatory. // CenterWatch Weekly;1/27/2014, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p3
The article reports that the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has introduced an online, interactive system to allow interested individuals to submit nominations for the advisory committee memberships.
- Advisory panel meeting announced. // Medical Device Daily;9/29/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 189, p9
The article reports on the announcement by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration that a meeting of the gastroenterology and urology devices advisory committee will be held on December 2 and 3, 2010 at the Hilton Washington Hotel in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- New Health Claim for Foods Rich In Potassium. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Dec2000, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p2
Cites the standards set by the United States Food and Drug Administration for foods rich in potassium.
- FDA: Tougher Procedures for Membership on Advisory Committees. // Medical Design Technology;Apr2007, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p42
The article reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has made a new draft guideline that would implement tougher procedures for membership on advisory committee. According to Randall Lutter, FDA acting deputy commissioner for policy, the draft guidance should give more...
- FDA seeks members for its advisory groups. // Nation's Health;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on the consumer representation on United States Food and Drug Authority advisory committees. Requirements for public health professionals interested in applying for consumer seats; Estimated number of openings on the committees by 2002.
- Science Advisory Board to the National Center for Toxicological Research; Notice of Meeting. Hartzler Warner, Jill // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;10/18/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 201, p64355
The article offers information on the meeting of the Science Advisory Board (SAB) to the National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR) of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It mentions that the public advisory committee will be holding the meeting in Jefferson County, Arkansas on...
- Financial disclosure now the standard for advisory committee documents. McCarty, Mark // Medical Device Daily;11/6/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 215, p7
The article reports on the inclusion of financial interest in documents submitted during the advisory committee hearing for Zimmer Spine's Dynesys premarket approval (PMA) in the U.S. According to Mark Melkerson, director of the division of surgical, orthopedic and restorative devices at the...
- Ms. Snow Goes to Washington. // Arthritis Today;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses the conversation made by Arthritis Foundation representative Pam Snow with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory committee in Washington D.C. It states that the scheme was driven by the public remarks and expert testimony needed by the committee before...
- Advocacy groups call for closer look at FDA panels. J.G.D. // Medical Marketing & Media;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p14
Outlines a letter issued by consumer advocacy groups to the U.S. Food and Druf Administration recommending reform of the agency's advisory committee selection process. Individual with conflicts of interest who should be prohibited from serving in committees; Limitation of panel members with...