Know Their Sources...and Benefits: Dietary Fibers
- The Gift of Fiber. SerVass, Cory // Medical Update;2004, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p2
Provides information on the role of fiber in human nutrition. Benefits of fiber; Total dietary fiber recommended for daily consumption; Ways to increase fiber in meals.
- FIBER FOR LIFE. Goodfriend, Gillian // Sports 'n Spokes Magazine;Mar2008, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p63
The article offers tips in increasing one's daily intake of fiber. It discusses the importance and impact of dietary fiber in the body and suggests that adults should have 20-35 grams of fiber per day. It also recommends the best sources of insoluble fiber as well as the significance of the...
- Fibre 101. Petty, Lisa // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jul2004, Issue 261, p70
Provides information on the importance of fiber in nutrition. Two types of fiber found in food; Recommended range of dietary fiber for adults; Fiber supplementation
- 10 tips on… the importance of dietary fibre. Ruxton, Carrie // Practice Nurse;11/10/2006, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p20
The article provides information on the health benefits of dietary fiber. Fibre, the indigestible material that originates from plants, passes through the gut largely unchanged. Our diets include two types of fibre, which promote gut function in different ways. Soluble fibre is fermented in the...
- ASK JUDY. Davies, Judy // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);8/23/2004, Vol. 56 Issue 34, p61
Offers advice on food and nutrition. Foods that are sources of fibre; Information on healthy finger foods.
- The Gift of Fiber. // Saturday Evening Post;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 276 Issue 6, p24
Suggests ways on how can people increase fiber in their meals. Health benefits of eating foods rich in fiber.
- fiber feast lowers cancer risk. Marer, Eva; Martin, Adam // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep2003, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p58
Examines fiber consumption as a way to reduce cancer risk. Link between fiber consumption and the occurrence of polyps; Reason for the effectiveness of fiber-riched foods; Amount of fiber consumed by an average woman in the U.S. per day.
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT. Crowther, Penny // Positive Health;Apr2008, Issue 146, p31
The article discusses the health benefits of low fibre diet. It has been mentioned that fibre is highly beneficial because of its ability to absorb water in the intestines, softening and bulking out the stool and preventing constipation. Low fibre diet can also control blood sugar levels,...
- Importance of Fiber in the Diet. Egan, Jeanette Parsons // Fiber & Your Health;2000, p3
The article provides information on the relevance of fibers to human health. It mentions the essentiality of including fibers to diet. In addition, several research have tested and proven the fibers' effectiveness in improving human digestion and well-being. Furthermore, recommended foods that...