WITH ASFSA SUPPORT: Hill briefs Ag. Comm
- Congress OKs compromise child nutrition reauthorization. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Cites the key aspects of a compromise child nutrition reauthorization bill approved by the United States Congress. Age and date restrictions; Single comprehensive program for meals and meal supplement; Nutrition Education and Training; Provisions sought by American School Food Service...
- Ag bill gets a boost from ASFSA. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the United States Senate Agriculture Committee's passage of the Child Nutrition Reauthorization Bill which includes provisions in the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA). Funding for the Meals for Achievement Act; Extension of the age limit for after-school snacks to 18;...
- Washington studies medwaste rules. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;08/17/98, Vol. 4 Issue 14, p33
Reports that new legislation for medical waste disposal is being considered by the United States Senate Agriculture and Environment Committee. Touring of a Browning-Ferris Industries Inc. medical waste incinerator; Comments made by Republican Senator Dan Swecker, chairman of the committee...
- Conner downplaying the "V" word in farm bill debate. Laws, Forrest // Southeast Farm Press;11/7/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p4
The article reports on the veto recommended by Chuck Conner on the farm bill for the Senate Agriculture Committee in the U.S. Chuck Conner, Deputy Secretary of Agriculture, felt that the bill was more than adequate and will soon be approved. It further cites that Conner had a good working...
- ASFSA celebrates golden anniversary. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/02/96, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p45
Reports on the American School Food Service Association's (ASFSA) celebration of its 50th anniversary in Houston, Texas during its 1996 national conference.
- ASFSA prioritizes issues, prepares for DC conference. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/11/97, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p18
Reports on issues that the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) plans to prioritize at the annual Legislative Action Conference in January 1998. Reauthorization of programs such as nutrition-educational training; Expansion of school nutrition programs; Other requests of the ASFSA.
- Child Nutrition. // ED Review;2/19/2010, p3
The article discusses the reauthorization of the Child Nutrition Act of the U.S.
- Educating Youth About Global Hunger. // Association Management;May2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the Going Global program of the American School Food Service Association, which seeks to provide information about the causes, solutions and effects of world hunger. Number of lives claimed each day by hunger; Groups which launched the Going Global program in 2001; Information...
- ASFSA creates recipe database for school foodservice operators. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/15/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p16
Reports the launching of an online database of recipes by the American School Foodservice Association in Alexandria, Virginia.