ON-BOARD THE PARADISE: Early bookings outpace fleet
- Carnival pulls Liberty out of Dover sailings. // Travel Weekly (UK);10/31/2008, p8
The article reports on the pulling out of the Carnival Liberty's program of Carnival Cruise Lines due to the economic crisis in the U.S. and high flight prices in Dover, England. The author stated that the Carnival Liberty, which is supposedly due to replace Carnival Splendor in UK will operate...
- Salty Talk. Martin, Tyrone G. // Naval History;Jun2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p65
Discusses the origins of the quarantine imposed on incoming sea vessels. Offshore anchorage; Rationale for the quarantine; Length of the quarantine period; Visits of health officials aboard the vessel.
- Sick at sea. Nordenberg, Tamar // FDA Consumer;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on on-board medical treatment caused by seasickness. Estimates on the volume of sea passengers according to Cruise Line Industry Association; Requirements needed from a ship under the International Council of Cruise Lines (ICCL) guidelines; Recommendations of Dr. Abdul Memon of Jackson...
- ATM reflects cruise industry's rebound. // Travel Talk-Middle East;Jun2014, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the outcomes of the travel and tourism exhibition Arabian Travel Market (ATM) 2014 in Saudi Arabia cruise industry including the upgrade of the Mina Zayed Port in Abu Dhabi and Port Rashid in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- Carnival fine-tunes sensation's itinerary. // Travel Agent;12/5/94, Vol. 273 Issue 8, Cruise Desk p15
Announces the addition of St. Croix as a port of call of Carnival Cruise Lines. Departure schedule for `Sensation' passenger liner; Itinerary at St. Croix.
- Carnival `fun' gauranteed. Underwood, Elaine // Brandweek;11/11/96, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p4
Reports that Carnival Cruise Lines Inc. will extend a satisfaction guarantee test program offering refund fares to vacationers across its 1997 schedule. Background information on the company; Program description.
- Carnival Vacation Store scheme draws interest--and doubt. Major, Brian // Travel Agent;6/03/96, Vol. 281 Issue 2, p2
Reports that cruise sellers are expressing confusion and curiosity about the impending arrival of Carnival Vacation Stores program of Carnival Cruise Lines. Features of the program; Projections for the program from Carnival President Bob Dickinson; Narrow scope of the program.
- Casual Carnival. // Travel Agent;03/03/97 Supplement Cruise Desk, Vol. 285, p16
Announces that Carnival Cruise Lines has added a dining option, Seaview Bistros, to its fleet.
- Carnival as scent, and as Barbie. Underwood, Elaine // Brandweek;9/18/95, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p4
Reports that Carnival Cruise Lines is getting into the licensing market by launching a `Cruise' fragrance and a Carnival-outfitted Barbie doll. Extent of distribution of the products; Company's plan to launch other products.