TRENDS: Lighter fare buffets set a new pace
- THE BEST CRUISE SHIPS in the WORLD. // Conde Nast Traveler;Feb2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p90
Presents the results of the fifth annual survey on the best cruise ships in the world. Crew service; Cabin design; Itineraries; Food service; Top cruise lines.
- HEART-HEALTHY MENUS: Passengers mix fun & health. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p72
Features the food service system of Windstar cruise liner, owned by Holland America. Food preferences of passengers; Comments from the executive chef; Features of the alternative dining at Windstar's ship; Description of the evening barbecue concept.
- On the Move. Dinnigan, Lizz // Travel Agent;8/13/2001, Vol. 305 Issue 3, p40
Presents a roundup of fleet transfers among various cruise lines. Passenger ships added to the firms' fleet; Brand identity and promotional structure sought for the fleet additions; Trip itineraries added as a result of the fleet expansion.
- D IS FOR DESTINATION. // Travel Weekly (UK);5/14/2015 Supplement Cruise, p22
The article offers information on several destinations where once can visit on a cruise including Cuba, Australia and Danube. Cruise lines to be introduced in Cuba including Fred Olsen, Swan Hellenic and Voyages of Discovery. The cruise line Royal Caribbean International will have five ships in...
- Faster vessels make big waves for sea transport. // Professional Engineering;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p64
Reports the demands of fast marine crafts in Great Britain. Reasons for the proliferation of fast ferry business; Prevalence of obsolete crafts affecting travel comfort of passengers; Consideration of hull designs as an answer to the structural problems of fast craft.
- From pan to plate. Simson, Maryann // PAX International;Apr2010, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p36
The article discusses how setting the proper stage for a meal can affect the cruise line passenger's entire perception of the dining experience. To provide guests the ultimate experience, it suggests that cruise ships must inspire chefs and select the perfect equipment to combine beauty and...
- Why food's set to be the star... // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;10/15/2010, Issue 2931, p20
The article reports on the launch of the Queen Elizabeth ship whose dining is said to be the top attraction.
- Southwest Pacific. Barber, William (Bill) G. T. // Steamboat Bill;Summer2008, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p69
The article reports that Australia and New Zealand completed the largest number of passenger liner visits. The visits include the Amadea, Amsterdam and Kapitan Klebnikov, an icebreaker and a passenger ship. It states that the visit is due to Princess Cruises adding additional tonnage including...
- Heavyweight Chefs Raise the Dining Standards at Sea. Testere, Alex // Saveur;Oct2015, Issue 177, p26
The article discusses roll out of restaurants on ships by chefs including launch of tapas bar Pincho and Latin seafood restaurant Bayamo by Jose Garces of VolvÃ©r on Norwegian Escape ship in November 2015, and launch of first By Thomas Keller restaurant across Seabourn fleet in spring 2016.