- FOR 1999: 6 operators win Silver Plates. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p2
Lists non-commercial operators who were selected as 1999 Silver Plate finalists for their accomplishments in management, marketing and employee development in the foodservice industry in the United States (US). Jerry Collins of the US Federal Bureau of Prisons; Frank X. Gladu of the Vanderbilt...
- Penny McConnell. Barrier, Brooke // Nation's Restaurant News;4/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p24
Interviews Penny McConnell, director of Food and Nutrition Services, Fairfax County Public Schools in Springfield, Virginia. Education and career background; What she likes most in her career; Explanation of the Energy Zone Fitness Challenge; Uniqueness of their employee wellness program.
- NACUFS names Gladu, Wright and Chaharyn as new officers. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/3/94, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p61
Reports on the election of Frank X. Gladu, Dean A. Wright and Lee Chaharyn as officers of the East Lansing, Michigan-based National Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS) for the 1994-95 fiscal year. Other association news.
- Why Dining at Vandy Is Dandy. Buzalka, Michael // Food Management;Oct2009, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p20
The article focuses on the customized dining program offered at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. The plan was introduced by former dining director Frank Gladu and currently assistant vice chancellor for business services, where it required freshmen to dine on campus. Meanwhile,...
- STATE FARE. Sharpe, Patricia // Texas Monthly;Dec2000, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p208
Deals with the services offered by Penny McConnell, owner of Penny's Pastries, to baking enthusiasts in Austin, Texas. Example of Penny's Pastries cookie recipe.
- Ethni-cessity. // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p26
Presents the views of several foodservice executives on issues concerning the ethnic dishes they offer to customers in the U.S. Kaye Lenkner, director of food services at Thiel College in Greenville, Pennsylvania; Tony Almeida, director of food and nutrition at the Robert Johnson University...
- Designing Directors. Buzalka, Michael // Food Management;Aug2003, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the influence of food service directors (FSD) on facility design and equipment specification in the U.S. Idea of University of Notre Dame FSD Dave Prentkowski to apply a centralized production operation in the facility; Collaboration of Fairfax County Schools FSD Penny McConnell with...
- Schools of Thoughts. // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p8
Interviews several school food service directors in the U.S. regarding their efforts to control food allergies in school children. Christine Farneti; Penny McConnell; Dora Rivas; Jeff Denton.
- Levy honored with 1999 IFMA Gold Plate Award. Cebrzynski, Gregg // Nation's Restaurant News;06/07/99, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p1
Reports that Chicago, Illinois-based Levy Restaurants chairman and chief executive officer Larry Levy received the 1999 Gold Plate Award from the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association. Career background; Background on Levy Restaurants' business operations.