Looking Up: Wake-Up Calls
- Help wanted. Stephenson, Susie // Nation's Restaurant News;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, OnSite p24
Offers advice for food service operators on recruiting employees. Importance of offering bonuses; Need to focus recruiting efforts; Recruit volunteers already working in the facility; Importance of paying signing bonuses.
- Ban on non-EU workers will hit Irish hospitality industry. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/24/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4269, p7
Reports on the effect of the initiative of the Irish government to halt the hiring of workers from non-European Union countries, on the country's hospitality industry. Information on the regulations imposed by the Irish government; Claim of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment,...
- Best restaurants face fierce competition with hottest employee-recruiting strategy. Mansbach, David // Nation's Restaurant News;02/19/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p36
Discusses the steps that should be taken by the best restaurants in the United States to recruit talented employees. Importance of a sound operational and corporate strategy to make a restaurant an employer of choice; Establishment of creative programs for high-performing employees; Proactive...
- Lean labor menu tests contractors' creativity. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;04/06/98, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p47
Cites the dearth in qualified personnel in the foodservice industry in the United States. Revenue growth posted by foodservice contractors in the US; Draft of new types of incentive programs for attracting and retaining personnel; Unemployment rates in several states; Emphasis on employee...
- TO BECOME CRITICAL FOR F/S: Job-seekers turning to Web as online recruiting grows. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p6
Features a study by MRI Cyberstats on the use of the Internet for job search and employee recruitment as of 1999. Forecast on the spending on online recruitment; Project for the resume management system in the food service industry; Prediction on employee recruitment strategy.
- Amid drought operators tap new labor reservoirs. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;03/26/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the search of United States food service operators for alternative sources of potential employees. Composition of majority of work force entrants; Issues of diversity in the food service industry; Implementation of innovative recruiting practices.
- Operators find leased staffers to be effective alternative. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;03/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the trend among small-chain operators in the United States to staff their restaurants with leased employees. Tight labor market and escalating premiums for workers' compensation insurance as reasons behind the trend; Benefits of hiring leased employees; Results of a survey indicating...
- `No news' may not be good news when new hires have bad history. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;04/21/97, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p4
Looks at the options exercised by foodservice operators in the United States in getting information on potential employees from their former employers. Includes getting written consent from the employee in question; Provision of good references to deserving employees; Use of networking with...
- The bottom line for managers. Hams, Brad // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep96, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p38
Gives advice to restaurateurs on selecting managers for their operations. Aim of making operations profitable; Training program for new hires; Connection between functional tasks and profit.