School to Career update
- The wine seller. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p170
Focuses on the philosophy of Mary Ross, principal of Chicago, Illinois-based Mary Ross & Associates, on the importance of teaching the right mental attitude to restaurant wine servers. Ross' background in the wine-serving industry; Value of a well-trained service staff to a profitable and smooth...
- National Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) certification program. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jan/Feb1997, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p34
Reports that the National Assessment Institute has developed a training system for the food service industry called the National Certified Professional Food Manager Program. Modules.
- Food certification training course set. // Malakoff News (TX);4/12/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 15, p3
A description of the course for professional food manager certification being offered by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Henderson County, Texas is provided.
- A running start for tomorrow's operators. LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p22
Features the Aliso Niguel High School Culinary Arts Academy of the Capistrano Unified School District in Orange County, California. Provision of a training program for the workforce for foodservice careers; Offer of training in culinary and hospitality management skills; Tailoring of facilities...
- Tapping a human resource: Restaurants fight labor crunch with training programs. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;7/08/96, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p33
Focuses on the innovative training and retention programs developed by different restaurants in the United States in an effort too fight the labor crunch. Strong competition seen in attracting and maintaining employees; Benefits of a well-crafted training program for employees and customer...
- Look beyond foodservice for learning tools. Liddle, Alan, // Nation's Restaurant News;06/09/97, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p74
Focuses on educational and training resources on food service training. Impact of the rapidly changing technologies on food service training; Tapping into television programs and news presentations to make training more relevant to employees; Description of sources for free or low-cost training...
- SFM offers members money-back guarantee, launches Web site. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/17/97, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p18
Reports that Society for Foodservice Management (SFM) has offered to refund members' dues in 1997 if it does not satisfy their expectations. SFM's commitment to offer first rate educational programs and networking opportunities.
- HFM begins tracking long-term care foodservice. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/17/97, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p45
Reports on the Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management's release of the first long-term care benchmarking program.
- For future: New-look logo debuts at SFM. // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the debut of the new logo of Society for Foodservice Management. Element of change and renewal; Use of the eclipse; Depiction of the dawning of new ideas from enhanced education and information.