USDA examines nutrition study
- USDA announces new farm to school program to improve the health and nutrition of kids receiving school meals. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);4/19/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) will be investing in farm to school programs to help improve the wellbeing and health of students.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture is providing grants for farm-to-school programs. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;4/18/2012, p8
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Department of Agriculture to invest in farm-to-school programs nationwide to help eligible schools improve the health and well being of their students and connect with local agricultural producers.
- The Fight for a Healthy School Lunch. // Ebony;Sep2011, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p24
The article discusses the National School Lunch program and provides a list of recommendations from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for creating more healthy lunches for students to comply with President Barack Obama's Childhood Obesity Task Force. INSET: Look for Change.
- AT USDA SYMPOSIUM: New research adds fuel to school breakfast push. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on a research concerning the importance of a nutritious breakfast for school children, discussed during the symposium of the United States Department of Agriculture. Psychological behavior of children who eat breakfast; Relationship between hunger and obstacles to learning;...
- TO STUDY LEARNING LINK: USDA NAMES B'FAST PILOT SITES. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on the United States school districts that were selected to participate on the study of the Department of Agriculture about the link between a nutritious breakfast and learning. Role of the department during the pilot study; Significance of the study.
- Food Capsule: BREAKFAST'S SHARE OF THE DIET. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p5
Looks at the results of the United States Department of Agriculture's study of breakfast consumption patterns.
- Removing Junk Food and Beverages from School Vending Machines. Schultz, Caleb R. // Minnesota Medicine;Sep2010, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p32
In this article the author discusses a school food policy which will remove junk food and beverages from vending machines. It states that the policy aims to prevent and reduce obesity, which is the leading public health threat to school children and adolescents. It says that the program...
- USDA Clarifies School Milk Options. // Dairy Foods;Jan2005, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p24
The article focuses on the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) issued a final rule that puts into regulation the improvements to school milk contained in the new Child Nutrition Act. This act became law with the strong support of International Dairy Foods Association and the National Milk...
- Providing Answers about Pork's Role in School Lunches. // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;11/27/2013, p1
The article reports on the implementation of the new school lunch guidelines of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). It states that the guidelines measures the amount of meat or meat alternative which required in the new school lunch program for the nutrition benefits of the students. It...