Food suppliers counter `alarmist' safety warnings
- Random factoid no. 1. // Earth Island Journal;Winter96/97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p4
States that countries with the highest milk consumption have more not less bone lose, according to the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Mustachioed mamas. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Aug95, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p40
Reports on the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine's (PCRM) criticism of the advertising campaign featuring female celebrities with milk mustaches. False implication that drinking milk later in life can protect against osteoporosis; Hormones as major cause of loss of bone mass;...
- Anti-Milk Men. Sullum, Jacob // Reason;Jan2000, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p14
Deals with the alleged health hazard facing young children and adults in the United States who consume milk and dairy products. Statement issued by Robert Cohen, director of the AntiDairy Coalition; Position of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine on the issue; View of Ruth Kava,...
- PCRM Challenges Dairy Industry 'Calcium Summit' // Good Medicine;Spring/Summer2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the Calcium Summit II put up by the National Dairy Council. Purpose of the summit; Attendees at the summit; Advertisement of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- False Advertising Complaints Against 'Milk Mustache' and 'Got Milk?' Ads Validated. Napoli, Maryann // HealthFacts;Oct2001, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p2
Deals with a report released by the United States Department of Agriculture in 2001 which validated complaints from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine on the health benefits attributed to milk.
- Milk - the calcium connection. // Food Management;Oct98, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p66
Reveals that children in the United States are drinking less milk and more than half are not getting enough calcium in their diet, according to the National Dairy Council. Health benefits of milk; Amount of calcium supplied by dairy foods; Recommendations for the daily intake of milk. INSET:...
- Doctors' Group Blasts Milk Ads. Melillo, Wendy // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/7/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the advertising campaign of Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine concerning milk. Opposition to the 'Got Milk' campaign; Criticism of the Fluid Milk Promotion Act.
- Best Friends Forever. Strailey, Jennifer // Progressive Grocer;Aug2015, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p82
The article discusses the need of the unite the produce industry to inspire lifelong healthy eating habits among kids to end the obesity epidemic in the U.S. Topics discussed include promotional campaign like "Eat Brighter" by Produce Marketing Association (PMA) to encourage children to grab...
- Food facts. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec94, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p34
Cites the health hazards of beeswax used on fruits and vegetables. Purposes of waxing; Federal law requirement on labeling of waxed produce; Views of Produce Marketing Association on waxing of products; Removal of waxing by washing.