NRA launches recipe software
- Menu contest winners named. // Restaurant Hospitality;May94, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p42
No abstract available.
- On the menu. Keegan, Peter O. // Nation's Restaurant News;Jan94 Special Issue 75 Years, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p132
Features the National Restaurant Association's annual menu contest. Publication of winning menus in a book by Judith Radice; Judging on the merits of their design in relation to the category, not content of the menu items.
- NRA honors great menus. Soeder, John // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun98, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p29
Spotlights the National Restaurant Association's 35th annual Great Menu Design Contest in the United States. Big Bowl's receipt of the best-of-show honor in the event for its minimalist menu; Grand prize winners.
- Fun finds at NRA show: Dill pollen, kimchee tacos and cucumber soda. Kruse, Nancy // Nation's Restaurant News;6/8/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 21, p24
Information on the National Restaurant Association's (NRA) 2009 annual Restaurant, Hotel-Motel trade show that was held in Chicago, Illinois is presented. Highlights of the show include the showcase of new foods and beverages as well as technological innovations in the hospitality industry. The...
- Fresh thinking. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Apr2009, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p52
The article presents the study conducted by the National Restaurant Association (NRA) which revealed that locally grown produce and healthy kids' meals with vegetable and fruit side items are among of the best trends on menus in the U.S. NRA has partnered with Produce Marketing Association and...
- Made to order. Cloutier, M.M. // Restaurant Business;11/1/93, Vol. 92 Issue 16, p162
Reports on the proliferation of in-house menus in restaurants. Economics of menu design and production; Suitability of flexible menus for seasonal fare; Marketing of pre-designed menu papers; Specialty menus for target groups; Incorporation of wine lists; Change in the use of descriptive language.
- Custom made. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;11/1/95, Vol. 94 Issue 16, p122
Recommends that restaurant operators tailor the menu to suit the image and personality of the restaurant. Design of the menus of Firehouse Bar and Grill, Pickled Parrot and Hubb's restaurants; Beer lists of the Macro and Micro Brews Menu of the Claim Co. and Williams Uptown Pub and Peanut Bar.
- Northwest passage. Lamalle, Cecile // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep94, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p86
Focuses on Pacific Northwest Cuisines, which focuses on simply prepared fresh ingredients that promote the romance of the wilderness. Tips for adding a hint of ruggedness in the menu; Menu put together by various restaurateurs in the Seattle and Portland area.
- Skip the school newsletter: Send home a newsy menu. // Curriculum Review;Oct92, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p14
Presents information on the menu-gram, a cafeteria menu of Pleasantville Elementary School which includes information about school activities, meetings and students awards. Comments of Dennis Ledebur, school principal about the menu-gram.