Kids Cafe set at L.A. food bank
- Same name, two very different Almond hotels. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;10/6/2006, Issue 2737, p46
The article evaluates services of two hotels, Almond Beach Village and Almond Beach Club & Spa, in Almond, Barbados. Beach Village with its facilities and service has a little edge over Beach Club & Spa. Beach Village caters to both adults and children, whereas Beach Club hosts adults and...
- Panorama kid's club. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;8/6/2004, Issue 1730, p49
This article reports that Panorama Inc., is launching children's clubs at its two most popular family hotels in Tunisia for summer 2005. Called Panorama's Beach Ball Crew, the clubs will open at the Hotel Sol El Mouradi in Port El Kantaoui and the Hotel Grand on Kerkennah Island, and may be...
- FoodBank tables are set. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p36
Reports that the Community FoodBank of New Jersey held its Blue Jean Ball to raise funds for the provision of food to the needy. Information on the event; Details on the types of food served at the event; Advantages of the operations of the FoodBank; Venue of the event; Comments from Joe...
- Our Dally Bread Food Bank. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p9
The article offers information on the "Lake Whitney Area Food Bank" food services establishment located in Whitney, Texas.
- BUGS, BURGER-LAND AND BASIL ON THE FIRE ESCAPE. FRIEDENSOHN, DORIS // Transformations: The Journal of Inclusive Scholarship & Pedagogy;Fall2012/Winter2013, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p49
The author discusses the food studies program of the Food Service Training Academy (FSTA) at the Community FoodBank of New Jersey. She describes how FSTA students are assured of employment in various venues including school cafeterias, restaurants and supermarkets. She acknowledges passion of...
- There's Something Fishy Going on Here. // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p18
Reports the transformation of Jenks Junior High School's ordinary-looking cafeteria into an underwater paradise in Rhode Island. Inclusion of equipments and furniture; Concept of the transformation; Contributions of the foodservice provider.
- Say so long to the traditional cafeteria setup. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;09/29/97, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p49
Comments on the demise of the traditional cafeteria setup in schools, hospitals and military bases in the United States. Use of brands to boost revenue in foodservice; Decline in the use of board plans; Change in basic format of service delivery.
- The Year Ahead. King, Paul // FoodService Director;12/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p14
The author discusses features that the magazine will be adding in 2011, including feature articles on 30 foodservice professionals all under the age of thirty, profiles of foodservice professionals in various job categories, and examples of operators who have brought innovative practices to...
- Coffee klatching with cafeteria cronies. Crans, Fred W. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Mar2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of meeting different characters in different hospital cafeterias.