St. Joseph Hospital standardizes food buys
- Strategic hospital alliances: Impact on financial performance. Clement, Jan P.; McCue, Michael J. // Health Affairs;Nov/Dec1997, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p193
Assesses the association of hospitals' financial performance with strategic hospital alliances (SHA) membership and market characteristics while controlling for environmental and hospital factors. Details on the data and methods used in this study; Indications from the results of the study;...
- Insurance co-ops set up in N.Y. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;5/16/94, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p22
Reports on the establishment of the health insurance purchasing alliances in New York State. Long Island Association Health Alliance; Westchester/Rockland/Putnam Health Plan Purchasing Alliance; Design of cost-effective health plans; Services planned.
- 15 hospitals in Ind., Ill. form alliance. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;3/4/96, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p40
Reports that an alliance of 15 hospitals in southwest Indiana and southeast Illinois was formed to create joint ventures and managed care plans in the rural area called Genesis Health Alliance. Goal; Names of the hospitals involved.
- Westchester County, NY. Cerne, Frank // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;1/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p50
Focuses on seven hospitals' formation of the ExcelCare System network in New York State and Connecticut. Primary service area of the health care network; Development of physician-hospital organizations to attract employer contracts; Failure of managed care to attract consumers; Coordination of...
- Agents: Health alliances proving a mixed blessing. Cox, Brian // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/24/95, Vol. 99 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the health care alliances. Alternative to commercial small group market; Reaction of agents and brokers; Commissions; Participation by carriers and providers; Expectations.
- Will integration save hospitals? Rose, Joan R.; Potter, Debra // Medical Economics;8/7/95, Vol. 72 Issue 15, p20
Presents a graphical representation of hospitals seeking to establish integrated delivery systems.
- Western Michigan. Cerne, Frank // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;7/5/93, Vol. 67 Issue 13, p38
Focuses on the plans of western Michigan health care providers to create a regional health care system. Response to concept of forming an integrated finance and delivery network; Network participants; Butterworth Health Systems' relationships with six hospitals; Selection of network partners;...
- Alliance of area hospitals, long under way, has forged ahead. Daugherty, Christi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/02/98, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p19
Presents information on the status of an alliance among hospitals in New Orleans, Louisiana. Objective of the alliance; Urgency associated with the formation of the alliance; Names of the hospitals involved in the alliance; Comments by Dr. Stephen W. Hales, chairman of the Children's Hospital's...
- To their health. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/25/96-11/07/96, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p18
Reports on the alliance of three North Country New Hampshire hospitals with the Northeast Regional Hospital in Saint Johnsbury, Vermont to form the Northern Health Alliance. Goal of providing new outpatient services and making specialists more available to patients.