BillCom Acquires Macfadden
- Bill Grows Again. // Restaurant Business;03/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p15
Reports that Bill Communications Inc. (BCI) has acquired New York-based McFadden Publishing, which includes that company's flagship publication, Supermarket Business. Terms under the deal; Information on BCI.
- A brand-new balance sheet. Case, Tony // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p25
Focuses on Chief Executive, graphic makeover after the company was purchase from McFadden Publishing. Comments from Arnold Pollard, a long time strategic consultant of the company; Background information on Pollard; Financial information on Chief Executive. INSET: Vitial statistics..
- Macfadden buys BMT titles. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/95, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p18
Reports on Macfadden Publishing Inc.'s $21 million purchase of T/SF Communications Corp.'s three BMT Communications titles. `Convenience Store News,' `United States Distribution Journal' and `The Journal of Petroleum Marketing'; Macfadden's outbidding other publishing companies; Publications'...
- Bill pays retail for Shore-Varrone. Cassidy, Neil // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;11/01/98, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p15
Reports on Bill Communications Inc.'s acquisitions. Acquisition of Shore-Varrone Inc. from Boston Ventures Management Inc.; Earlier magazine and publisher acquisitions.
- Future Unclear For Miller Freeman Staff. Steil, Jennifer F. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p13
Focuses on Dutch publisher VNU's plan to merge Miller Freeman Inc. into subsidiary Bill Communications. Closure of headquarters of Miller Freeman USA in San Francisco, California; Job opportunities in New York for employees in the San Francisco office.
- Bobit rides Bill's automotive titles. // B to B;04/24/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p22
Reports on magazine publisher Bill Communications' sale of its Automotive Group unit to Bobit Publishing Co. as of April 24, 2000.
- MICHAEL MARCHESANO. Moseley, Bob // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;03/15/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the Bill Communications president Michael Marchesano's role in overseeing the absorption of Miller Freeman's assets into his company, following the latter's acquisition by the former's parent company, VNU. Challenges associated with the integration; Background information on Dutch...
- Progress in Marketing Research: C. RESEARCH IN PRIVATE ORGANIZATIONS. Wheeler, Ferdinand C. // Journal of Marketing;Apr1938, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p321
The article reports on marketing research being completed in private organizations in the U.S. The author provides information about research being completed at the Machinery and Allied Products Institute, which focuses on the American standard of living. A research study being completed at...
- LEADERS IN MARKETING: Everett R. Smith. Haring, Robert C. // Journal of Marketing;Apr1964, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p75
The article presents information on contributions made in the field of marketing by Everett R. Smith, Director of Marketing and Research of Macfadden-Bartell Corp. In 1943, Smith set up the Wage Earner Forum, which reported a wide variety of information covering subjects from elections to buying...