Sushi Dishes 20% of Lunch
- Go fish. Phillips, Debra // Entrepreneur;Aug1995, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p23
Informs about the growing popularity of prepackaged sushi takeouts. Reasons for its popularity; Success of Sushi-Tei, a New York City sushi takeout restaurant.
- Gangway for Sushi. Smith, Nevada // San Diego Business Journal;10/05/98, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p10
Takes a look at the Kabuki Sushi restaurant's operations in California. Biggest challenge for the business; Efforts to maintain freshness of the sushi served by the restaurant; Advantages to floating sushi; Means for keeping track of how much people gave eaten.
- Sushi as takeout fast food mushrooming in Big Apple. DeNitto, Emily // Crain's New York Business;4/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the emerging popularity of three fast food chains in New York City which offers prepackaged takeout sushi. Focus on residential areas for expansion; Variety of offered food packages; Plans for growth; Combination of Asian and American tastes in product development.
- Sushi for All. Prystay, Cris // Forbes Asia;3/10/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p34
The article describes the expansion of Sakae Sushi, the sushi chain of restaurants owned by Singaporean entrepreneur Douglas Foo. Using conveyor belts, Foo made the specialty food affordable in Singapore. His Sakae Sushi has 60 outlets in seven Asian countries and in January 2008 expanded its...
- GOOD EATS TO GO. Francis, Mary // Indianapolis Monthly;Feb2002, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p105
Presents several food menus from restaurants for variety of occasions in the United States. Price of 'sushi combo' from a Marsh; Specialty of Deeter's & Gabe's on soups; Fruit ingredients of 'chocolate tarts' from ToSa Euro Cafe.
- Sainsbury's in talks over Yo! sushi bars. // Marketing Week;3/16/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the plans of British supermarket chain Sainsbury PLC to launch Yo! Sushi-branded bars in its outlets as part of a marketing strategy. Efforts to revive sales by devoting more space for non-core services and non-food ranges.
- How entrepreneurs plan to bring sushi into the home. Skidelsky, William // New Statesman;6/9/2003, Vol. 132 Issue 4641, p56
Offers a look at the training of Japanese sushi chefs and the mainstreaming of the product in British and United States culture. Popularity of sushi made by businesses such as Yo! Sushi; Entrepreneurship of Clive Hibberd and Peter Leak in launching a company called sushi@home that hopes to...
- Deutsche See setzt auf Ultrafrische. Lena, Bökamp // Lebensmittel Zeitung;3/7/2014, Issue 10, p18
The article offers information on the ultra fresh division of the the German fish marketer Deutsche See. The company's snack brand City Farming is presented, which includes wraps, sandwiches, and soups. The company also pans to market Sushi, produced in Bremerhaven, Germany. The article...
- RESTAURANTS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p113
A list of the top restaurants in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 is presented, including Balboa Pizza, The Cafe and Dick's Las Resort.