EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOTS: An unusual case of hepatosplenomegaly
- kidney function tests. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p449
An encyclopedia entry for "kidney function tests" is presented. They refer to tests performed to investigate kidney disorders. In urinalysis, a urine sample is examined under a microscope for blood cells, pus cells and casts. Kidney function can be evaluated by measuring the concentration in the...
- An accurate practical method for estimating GFR in clinical studies using a constant subcutaneous infusion. Al-Uzri, Amira; Holliday, Malcolm A.; Gambertoglio, John G.; Schambelan, Morris; Kogan, Barry A.; Don, Burl R. // Kidney International;Jun1992, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p1701
Investigates methods for estimating glomerular filtration rate by researchers from San Francisco, California. Development of a practical method using a constant subcutaneous infusion during clinical studies; Assessment on the accuracy and reliability of the results obtained; Evaluation on the...
- renography. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1878
A definition of the term "renography" is presented. This term refers to the radiography of kidney.
- Enfermedades renales hereditarias. // Nefrologia;2014 Supplement, Vol. 34, p2
Several abstracts related to kidney diseases are presented including diagnosis of cystic kidney diseases, diagnostic tests for hereditary kidney diseases, and prognostic genetic tests for kidney diseases.
- Spontaneous Air-Contrasted Renography in Abdominal Plain Film. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;9/1/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p693
A photo quiz regarding the spontaneous air-contrasted renography in abdominal plain film in a 41-year-old woman presented with fever and a 3-day history of severe right abdominal dull pain.
- Kidney Disease and Laboratory Medicine. Jones, Chris // Journal of Renal Nursing;Sep2014, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p253
No abstract available.
- Chronic kidney disease in an adolescent with hyperuricemia: familial juvenile hyperuricemic nephropathy. Alaygut, Demet; Torun-Bayram, Meral; Soylu, Alper; Kasap, Belde; Türkmen, Mehmet; Kavukçu, Salih // Turkish Journal of Pediatrics;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p637
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a life-long condition associated with substantial morbidity and premature death due to complications from a progressive decrease in kidney function. Especially in children, early diagnosis and detection of the etiologic factors are important to improve their...
- Renal cortical mitochondrial transport of calcium in chronic uremia. Conforty, Aviva; Shainkin-Kestenbaum, Ruth; Shoshan, Varda; Kol, Rina; Rapoport, Jayson; Chaimovitz, Cidio // Kidney International;Sep1988, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p327
Calcium overload of tubular cells may occur in uremia, and may be the underlying functional abnormality in the continued deterioration of renal function in chronic renal failure. In order to study this question further, the effect of chronic uremia on the calcium transport properties and...
- Moderator's view: Biomarkers in glomerular diseases--translated into patient care or lost in translation? Ronco, Pierre // Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation;Jun2015, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p899
No abstract available.