Pay-as-you-go vs. Debt: N.Y.S. examines funding options
- Good government is ours to shape. FLOYD, GREGORY // New York Amsterdam News;8/23/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 34, p10
The article presents the author's insights on shaping the New York government and fighting to improve governance, it in order to respond to the needs of its people.
- THE PROSE (AND POETRY) OF MARIO M. CUOMO. Mann, Charles C. // Atlantic (02769077);Dec90, Vol. 266 Issue 6, p90
Discusses the politics and government of New York. Capacity to enact programs; Ability of the government to deliver services to the people; Taxation and expenditure.
- Ship of state may be listing--but it's all we've got. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/23/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p23
Focuses on the political issues in New York. Political campaign of Governor George Pataki on restoration of death penalty; Economic recovery from the September 11, 2001 terrorists attack; Identification of combined state, local and sales taxes.
- Part-time Legislature Deserves Defending. // Business Journal (Central New York);08/18/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p26
Editorial. Supports the concept of part-time legislators in New York. Exposure of members to adversity that creates the need for laws; Failure of lawmakers to see how their rules can create nuisance paperwork; Possible conflicts of interest.
- LI has more clout in Albany. Moynahan, Mary Kaye // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/30/95, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the impact for Long Island, New York of appointments within Governor George Pataki's administration. Appointment of Senators Owen Johnson and Dean Skelos to the top positions in the New York State (NYS) Senate to set policies on issues facing NYS; Implications of Pataki's victory in...
- Education & government briefs. J.M. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/22/96, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p20
Reports on various developments related to education and government in the New York state. Offering of a graphic design degree by the College for Business and Technology of Briarcliffe in Woodbury; Filing of 55,000 signatures by United States Congressman Mike Forbes to qualify him for the New...
- Around city hall: Bounce time. Logan, Andy // New Yorker;8/31/92, Vol. 68 Issue 28, p82
Discusses the sweeping political changes that are taking place and have taken plan in the state of New York over the last 15 years. Of the 34 members of the House of Representatives from New York, eight have decided to hang it up; Redistricting mandated by the 1990 census one of the reasons;...
- Who guards the guards? Logan, Andy // New Yorker;10/5/92, Vol. 68 Issue 33, p70
Discusses some of the recent political races and activities that have taken place in New York City and New York State on the local, state and federal level from N.Y.C. Mayor David Dinkins' passage of the controversial Civilian Complaint Review Board to the surprising results of the September 15...
- State Senate approves identity theft legislation. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/13/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p24A
Reports on legislative and regulatory developments in New York state as of April 13, 2001. Inclusion of the state Senate's passage of a bill targeting identity theft as a distinct felony; New York Metropolitan Transportation Council's plans regarding public meetings for input on its draft plan...