Moody's may upgrade Suffolk County, N.Y
- Fitch Improves Outlook on Suffolk Co., N.Y. to Stable. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/26/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34082, p1
The article reports that the financial services firm Fitch Ratings Ltd. has increased the rating on bonds and notes of Suffolk County, New York State to stable from negative due to the reversal of its deficit. Topics discussed include the view of Fitch director Karen Wagner, 13 million dollars...
- Suffolk County revenues up. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/20/98, Vol. 45 Issue 16, p11
Reports on increased county revenues in Suffolk County, New York for 1997. Growth of interests on deposits; Reflection of Suffolk economy's strength by increased revenues; Factors contributing to the growth of Suffolk County's revenue.
- Way to grow award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p1
Praises Suffolk County for exhibiting the fourth greatest growth rate in household income among New York State's metro counties over the 1980 to 1990 period.
- Poor LI education thwarts business. Richardson, Charles M. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/21/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 29, p61A
Argues that a defective educational system stymies economic development in Suffolk County, New York. Role of parental education in pupil successes; Link between poverty and education; Growth of jail population.
- Suffolk gets it right. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/04/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 18, p58A
Comments on the decision to seek a quarter point increase in the sales levy by Suffolk County, New York. Impact of the increase of property tax to the economy; Growth on consumer spending; Approval for the tax hike.
- Riverhead EZ to under go major revamp. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/18/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 17, p6A
Reports on the agreement of Suffolk County and the Town of Riverhead to shift the Empire Zone designation in Calverton to other areas in Suffolk County, New York. Allocation of Empire Zone economic incentives to other areas; Transfer of Empire Zone acres to downtown Riverhead, Gabreski Airport,...
- Long Island economic trends. CG // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/8/93, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p69
Looks at two different economic strategies proposed for Long Island (New York). Suffolk County economic commissioner Tom Junor on providing retention benefits to companies; Business school dean Arnold Weinstein on making the tax burden more attractive; Business, government and higher education...
- Islandia/Hauppauge. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/8/94, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p27
Profiles Suffolk County, New York's commercial areas, Hauppauge and Islandia. Economic conditions; Hotels and convention centers; Industrial parks; Computer Associations; Commercial and industrial space; Day Care; Residential Areas.
- Suffolk, Freeport report bond rating upgrades. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/19/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p11A
Reports that bond rater Standard & Poor's has upgraded Suffolk County, New York's bond rating to a single-A from triple-B plus.