California treasurer promises early debt report
- Angelides: Hold Off On New Bonding. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p1
Treasurer of California, Phil Angelides told leaders of California that he opposes the sale of any new general obligation bond issues or state lease-revenue bonds beyond those already approved or on the 2004 ballot until a balanced budget is in place and there is a viable plan to fix structural...
- Investments in Power. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p1
Reports on the proposal of treasurer Phil Angelides to increase investment in the state's electricity transmission grid in California. Construction of additional electrical grids; Issuance of revenue bonds for power projects; Response to the growing energy needs of the state.
- Angelides: Deficit Bonds A Bad Idea. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31757, p1
Reports on the warning of California treasurer Phil Angelides to governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger against a large-scale deficit bond issue. Opposition for a deficit borrowing plan; Challenges faced in the state's budget; Comment of Schwarzenegger on the issue.
- Stumping for $37B in GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p42
The article reports on the campaign for a 37 billion dollar in infrastructure bond measures that will be on the November 2006 ballot. The infrastructure investment plan in important to building California's future and ensuring the state can compete and succeed in the global economy. The bond...
- Fiscal Recovery Bonds? // Bond Buyer;8/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31705, p1
Focuses on plan of California Treasurer Phil Angelides, to sell $18 billion of debt which the state needs to issue over the next 10 months in order to keep its recently adopted budget balanced, as of August 25, 2003. Schedule for the sale of $11 billion of Fiscal Recovery Bonds; Anticipation by...
- California Market Reacts Calmly to $10 Billion Power Bond Announcement. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p36
Reports on the reaction of California bond traders to state Treasurer Phil Angelides' announcement that the majority of the power purchase bonds set for sale beginning May 2001 will likely be tax-exempt. Total value of the power purchase bonds to be offered by the state government; Intended...
- Deficit Bonds Pushed Up. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31864, p1
Reports that California will move ahead the schedule for its sale of deficit bond issue that voters approved in March 2004. Estimated value of bonds to be sold; Comments of Treasurer Phil Angelides, on the government's efforts to accelerate the bond sale schedule; Schedule for the insured and...
- Treasurer Angelides Announces California Borrowing Plans. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31704, p40
Reports on the announcement of California treasurer Phil Angelides to provide details on states' plans to issue bonds and notes. Inclusion in the debt required by the fiscal year 2004 enacted budget; Ratings given by various rating agency to bonds and notes; Factors accounting for lowered rating.
- Angelides Blames Schwarzenegger for Tribes Deal Delay. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/27/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32037, p28
The article focuses on California Treasurer Phil Angelides who blamed the administration of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger for delays in a planned bond sale to securitize tribal gambling revenue. He suggested that the administration issue deficit bonds instead to finance planned projects. The...