Parking fees to back Portland, Ore., bonds
- The accidental art mecca. Holt, Shirleen // Oregon Business Magazine;Dec95, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p62
Features the town of Joseph, Oregon. History, What it was known as in 1980, Its population then; Economic condition; Sculptures produced. INSET: Anatomy of a Foundry Town, by S.H..
- Portland, Ore. Sturtz, Paul // National Real Estate Investor;Jun94, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p129
Focuses on the industrial and multifamily sector of the Portland, Oregon real estate market. Demand for real estate investment trusts (REITs) in the Portland market; Launching of several speculative projects in the industrial market; Effect of low vacancy rate and huge demand for industrial space.
- Portland Metro. // Oregon Business Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p35
Presents graphical representations of the economic conditions in Portland Metro, Oregon. Impact of the rapid in-migration on economic growth; Accounts on the unemployment rate in the region; Details on the top industries identified in the region.
- Economist predicts a slow- growth economy. Verdon, Daniel R. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Oct2010, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p27
The article reports on the statement made by Dr. Philip J. Romero, dean of College of Business and Economics at the California State University, during the annual Pet Healthcare Industry Summit regarding the slow growth of economy in Portland, Oregon.
- News for pessimists. // Oregon Business Magazine;Mar95, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p83
Cites the prospects for growth in Portland, Oregon, according to Raymond Torto, keynote speaker at the 16th CB Commercial Real Estate Forecast Breakfast. Unfavorable outlook for logging, housing and employment.
- the society hotel. // Hospitality Design;Jul2016, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p052
A review is offered for the Society Hotel located in Portland, Oregon.
- PORTLAND MARKET SHOWS RESILIENCE. Sorensen, Donald J. // National Mortgage News;1/12/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on the economic condition in Portland, Oregon. Indication of high unemployment rate; Recovery from a slow economy; Success of its housing industry.
- AIRPORTS AND EXPORTS. SAWYER, BRANDON // Oregon Business Magazine;Apr2014, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the revenue contributed by travel and tourism to the economy of Portland, Oregon, as of April 2014.
- FINANCIAL CRISIS AND COMPETITIVE CHALLENGES AS DRIVERS OF A RENEWED REGIONAL AGENDA IN THE PORTLAND AREA: OVERCOMING GAPS AND DIVISIONS BETWEEN INSTITUTIONS AND LOCALITIES. Young, Janet // Regions: The Newsletter of the Regional Studies Association;Winter2010, Issue 280, p31
The article focuses on the economic development of Portland, Oregon. It says that Portland has attracted considerable attention as one of only two formalized structures in the U.S. It relates that the formalization of regional governance has created an important impact on the economic...