Levitt spurns one standard for suitability
- Levitt spreads gospel of ban. Feiden, Doug; Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;11/8/93, Vol. 9 Issue 45, p6
Reports on the proposal by Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) chairman Arthur Levitt to ban political contributions. Agreement by underwriters to stop contributions; Allegations of fund misuse to influence business.
- Describe securities issues in plain, simple terms. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/15/95, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p11
Provides advice to restaurateurs on changes dealing with securities issues and the language used to describe their companies to investors. Use of clear language to provide investors the chance to assess investments; Proposals for simplification by Securities and Exchange Commission chairman...
- Clinton expected to renominate Levitt to 2d term. // Bond Buyer;10/13/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30250, p6
Reports that President Bill Clinton is expected to nominate Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt Jr. to another five-year term beginning 1998. Levitt's plans to continue his campaign to clean up the municipal market.
- Arthur Levitt Jr. // U.S. News & World Report;5/10/93, Vol. 114 Issue 18, p18
Profiles Arthur Levitt Jr., whom President Bill Clinton recently named chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission. Businessman and Wall Street executive; Self-made millionaire who cofounded the brokerage firm that later became Shearson Lehman Brothers; More.
- Levitt criticizes audits and AICPA. // Practical Accountant;Dec99, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p32
Reports on United States Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt's questioning of the auditing profession on its responsiveness to changing business environments. Growth of non-traditional service revenue of accounting firms; Necessity of ensuring independence of audits from...
- Financial literacy. Levitt, Arthur // Vital Speeches of the Day;06/15/98, Vol. 64 Issue 17, p520
Presents a speech given by the chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, given before the Investment Company Institute in Washington D.C., dealing with the education of individual investors.
- Levitt Calls Out to the Profession. // Practical Accountant;Jul2000, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p34
Reports on the need for the accounting profession to commit itself to ensure that auditor independence will not be compromised, according to Arthur Levitt, chairman of the United States Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC). Review of larger member firms' current compliance with SEC and...
- Stock cop. // Newsweek;5/10/1993, Vol. 121 Issue 19, p54
Announces former American Stock Exchange chief Arthur Levitt Jr. has been chosen to be the Securities and Exchange Commission chairman. Levitt's most important task may be finding a way to help US exchanges peddle more overseas stocks.
- Arthur Levitt Jr. // National Journal;6/14/97, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p1214
Profiles Arthur Levitt Jr., Chairman of the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Roles and responsibilities; Major achievements; Highlights of political career; Involvement in investor education; Comments from colleagues.