Gorman Welcomes New Director and Curator
- Our People, Our Land, Our Images: International Indigenous Photographers. Bowannie, Mary K. // American Indian Quarterly;Sep2009, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p566
Reviews the book "Our People, Our Land, Our Images: International Indigenous Photographers," edited by Hulleah J. Tsinhnahjinnie and Veronica Passalacqua.
- Locality & Mobility: Australia & South Korea tandem-style. KING, NATALIE; GLASS-KANTOR, ALEXIE; CORMACK, EMILY // Art Monthly Australia;Nov2012, Issue 255, p22
The article discusses highlights of the meeting "Locality and Mobility: Discussing the Future for Collaboration Between Australia and South Korea" held at Artsonje Centre in Seoul, South Korea on May 20, 2012. The event was attended by curators and museum directors. It offered updates on...
- Disembarking. // ArtAsiaPacific Almanac;2012, p59
The article presents announcements regarding the careers of several arts administrators. Edward Capon, director of the Art Gallery of New South Wales (AGNSW), announced his retirement; Hetti Perkins resigned as curator at the AGNSW; and Caterina Riva was appointed director of Artspace in New...
- Women of Hope. Tsinhnahjinnie, Hulleah J. // Native Peoples Magazine;Spring97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p50
The article provides information several Native American women who have made major contributions in the Native American culture in the U.S. These women have played major roles in bringing about social and political change in government and law, in literature, the arts, and in medicine and...
- Museum fatigue. // New Criterion;Sep98, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
Discusses the transformation which has taken place in art museums. Factors which influenced this transformation; Reason several museum directors resigned the profession; Problems experience by museum curators in organizing exhibitions; Publication of the book `The Belles Lettres Papers,' by...
- Art Around Town. Sustendal, Diane // Saint Charles Avenue;Feb2009, p26
The article offers information on the events during the opening night gala of Prospect. 1 held at the Antoine's Restaurant in New Orleans, Louisiana on October 31, 2008. It relates that museum directors and curators, gallery owners and spectators were among the attendees and describes the...
- DIALOGUE: JOANNE HEYLER. Melrod, George // Art ltd;Sep/Oct2015, p52
The article focuses on the Broad Museum director and chief curator of The Broad Art Foundation Joanne Heyler's discussion of the cultural landscape of Los Angeles, California and the scope, design and vision of the museum.
- FRANKLIN SIRMANS. Melrod, George // Art ltd;Nov/Dec2015, p48
The article profiles Franklin Sirmans, former curator of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (MLACMA) in California and director of the PÃ©rez Art museum in Miami (PAMM) in Florida.
- Hire who's best at raising money, not running shops. Anderson, Maxwell L. // Art Newspaper;Oct2007, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p45
The author encourages museum search committees in the U.S. and Europe to consider curators and directors who are able to creatively search for funds, manage expansion, handle relationship with stakeholders outside the museum and maximize the talent of staff. He contends that while non-American...