TITLE

Dinosaurs Ate Their Veggies

PUB. DATE
September 2005
SOURCE
Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;9/9/2005, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p3
SOURCE TYPE
Periodical
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
Reports on the discovery of fossils of carnivorous and herbivorous dinosaurs in Utah. Background on carnivore and herbivore; Significance of the discovery; Size of the dinosaur fossil discovered.
ACCESSION #
18101476

 

Related Articles

  • Feeding Habits of Dinosaurs. Foran, Jill // Dinosaurs;2004, p20 

    The article discusses the feeding habits of dinosaurs. About 65 percent of these animals are plant-eaters of herbivores which dine on ancient plants. The remaining 35 percent of these animals are meat-eaters or carnivores which eat eggs, fish, and other dinosaurs. Many carnivore dinosaurs are...

  • All About...DINOSAURS.  // World Almanac for Kids;2002, p37 

    Dinosaurs lived during the Mesozoic era, from 225 to 65 million years ago. The Mesozoic era is divided into three periods. Triassic, from 225 to 195 million years ago during which time most dinosaurs were small, rarely longer than 15 feet. Jurassic period, from 195 to 135 million years ago...

  • New Dino Discovered.  // Weekly Reader News - Senior;11/11/2005, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p7 

    Reports on the discovery of the fossils of the plant-eating dinosaur Falcarius utahensis by scientists in Utah. Carnivorous and herbivorous characteristics of the animal; Description of the dinosaur.

  • Long-in-the-tooth dinosaur offers up new wisdom. Conover, Kirsten A. // Christian Science Monitor;5/28/96, Vol. 88 Issue 127, p13 

    Reports on the discovery of remains of enormous and fierce meat-eating dinosaurs that roamed the earth 70 to 100 million years ago. Paleontologist Paul Sereno's discovery of a skull of a Carcharodontosaurus reptile in Morocco; Argentina scientists' discovery of the remains of a gigantosaurus;...

  • Some Really Old News.  // National Geographic World;Feb2000, Issue 294, p4 

    Deals with discoveries concerning dinosaurs. Oldest dinosaur fossils found in Madagascar; Features of Jobaria tiguidensis, a plant-eating specie identified by a National Geographic-sponsored team; Details on Sauroposeidon, the world's tallest dinosaur discovered by Oklahoma scientists.

  • Kulindadromeus. Dixon, Dougal // Highlights;Sep2015, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p23 

    The article offers information on Kulindadromeus, a scampering plant-eating dinosaur covered with feathers.

  • Just Be Glad They're Gone.  // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);03/20/2000 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 135 Issue 12, p6 

    Reports the discovery of the remains of what may be the largest carnivorous dinosaur ever, in the Patagonian desert of Argentina. Details on the fossils; Significance of the find; Comments of Canadian paleontologist Philip Currie; Plans to display the fossils at the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Canada.

  • Just Be Glad They're Gone.  // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);3/20/2000 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 135 Issue 12, p6 

    Reports the discovery of the remains of what may be the largest carnivorous dinosaur ever, in the Patagonian desert of Argentina. Details of the fossils; Significance of the find; Comments of Canadian paleontologist Philip Currie; Plans to display the fossils at the Royal Tyrell Museum in Canada.

  • Just Be Glad They're Gone. Gordon, Devin; Begun, Bret; Hayden, Thomas; Lahiri, Tripti // Newsweek;3/20/2000, Vol. 135 Issue 12, p8 

    Reports the discovery of the remains of what may be the largest carnivorous dinosaur ever, in the Patagonian desert of Argentina. Details of the fossils; Significance of the find; Comments of Canadian paleontologist Philip Currie; Plans to display the fossils at the Royal Tyrell Museum in Canada.

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics