- Case Study: Storage Appliance Aids in High-Tech Learning at California High School. // T H E Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p54
Focuses on the use of storage appliance in high-technology learning at California High School. Use of California Digital High School Grant to purchase computers; Creation of video-based projects by students; Increase of student productivity.
- Technology and Teens: Can They Handle It? Heath, Robert // Principal;May/Jun2008, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p66
The article looks at the maturity of middle grades students to handle communication and information technology. Allegedly, many middle school students are not mature enough but their parents do not realize it and schools are trying to find ways to effectively deal with it. Most schools...
- Educators' Acceptance of Computer Technology? Charp, Sylvia // T H E Journal;Apr2002, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p10
Editorial. Focuses on the importance of computer technology in the education system of schools in the U.S. Recognition of the government on the need for professional development; Application process for the financial aid of students; Preparations of the book 'National Educational Technology...
- Portable persuasion. Dianis, Laura; Tyre, Terian // Curriculum Administrator;Oct99, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p77
Discusses the potential of laptop computers in expanding student learning beyond the classrooms. Benefit of a laptop loan program for disadvantaged students; Effectiveness of fulltime access to laptops for students and administrators; Comparison between laptops and desktops. INSET: The Rockman...
- Equal learning opportunity: Assistive technology for students with special needs. Lyman, Michael; Mather, Mary Anne // Technology & Learning;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p55
Features some tools and programs that help adapt computers and software for persons with special needs. Closed captioning; Technology's benefits for special students; Alternate input devices; Touch screens.
- Access to Technology. // Education Week;5/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p58
Presents a chart depicting the access of schools to technology in the U.S. Number of students per instructional computer in high poverty and high minority enrollment schools; Percentage of instructional computers used; Location of the computers used by the students.
- Use of Technology. // Education Week;5/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p64
Presents a chart depicting the use technology on schools in the U.S. State standards for students including technology; Percentage of fourth graders using a school computer for mathematics subject; Schools where teachers are using computers for planning or teaching.
- Combating Cyberpobia. Bracey, Gerald W. // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar85, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p508
Discusses a research regarding the fear among teachers and students in using computers. Failure of some students to pick up computer languages and jargon; Effectiveness of in-service training in teaching educators about the use of educational technology; Need for identifying fears in the early...
- Course Management Software and the Learning Environment. // Teaching Professor;Dec2011, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p5
The article presents a study which determined whether the use of technology tools in teaching enhanced learning. The researchers interviewed one hundred ninety five upper-division marketing students on the use of fourteen features of the Blackboard course management software (CMS) program, among...