Questions raised about private insurance
- From 12 candles to universal health care: transforming social determinants for maternal, newborn and child health. Toyin Saraki, H. E. // African Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health;Jul-Sep2015, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p94
No abstract available.
- YMCA Health and Wellness Center. McKanic, Arlene // New York Amsterdam News;11/25/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 48, p26
The article reports on reopening of health and wellness center by organization YMCA. The Harlem, New York, YMCA held a reopening celebration of its Health and Wellness Center on November 11, 2004 which meant, among other things, that its members sweated and puffed on brand new treadmills and...
- Corrections and clarifications. // Modern Healthcare;3/16/2015, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p2
A correction to the article "Lifesavers or kickbacks?" that was published in March 9, 2015 is presented.
- Australian health service review. Smith, Richard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/1/90, Vol. 301 Issue 6763, p1237
Reports on the issues covered in the Australian health service review. Delivery and finance of health care; Role of the private hospital and health insurance sector on health care; Impact of workforce issues on accessibility and cost of health services. INSET: Issues to be covered in the...
- Clinical Effects of Societal and Economic Barriers to Care: Home Study HS2. Mills, Joyce // California Nurse;Oct/Nov2003, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p14
Studies the clinical effects of societal and economic barriers to health care in the U.S. Clinical effects of the lack of health insurance; Aspects of lack of access to care; Myths about the relationship of lack of care to access to care.
- Austrailian private care threatened. Zinn, Christopher // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/30/93, Vol. 307 Issue 6912, p1093
Reports the warning of Australian Health Insurance Association on the status of private health care in Australia. Purpose of limiting the gap insurance system; Proposals for the government to cut company taxes; Plans of the Federal Labor government to change the Medicare system.
- What to Do When the 'System' Fails Patients. Glazer, William M. // Behavioral Health Management;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on various issues concerning managed care in the U.S. Examples of fight-or-flight responses of medical practitioners to managed care; Efforts of several associations, such as the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, to oppose strategies that restrict access to psychiatric...
- Women's Access to Care Varies By State, Says Report. // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;Sep2004, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p84
Discusses the report by the National Womenâ€™s Law Center and Kaiser Family Foundation which details state activity on policies that influence womenâ€™s access to health care. Emphasis on private insurance, Medicaid and reproductive health; Expansion of the access to health care; Need...
- A health stimulus for America: Timely, temporary measures would aid those who need it most. Kennedy, Edward // Hill;1/22/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses the need for affordable health insurance cost in the U.S. The author notes that since President George W. Bush took his office, the nation's health insurance costs have risen four times faster than wages. The rising of health costs greatly affect those workers who are laid...