BellSouth End-Around Fizzles
- House Near Passing Wireless Tax Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p6
Reports the near approval of the United States House of a bill that will impose uniform taxation rules on the wireless telecommunications industry. Amendment of the Communications Act of 1934 by the legislation; Details of the existing wireless taxation system; Complaints of market participants...
- In the States:. // CableFAX Daily;4/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 66, p2
Presents news briefs on issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of April 6, 2006. Decision of Comcast to launch its digital phone in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in April; Introduction of a statewide franchising bill by a lawmaker in California.
- Bills clash over video regulation. O'malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/6/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p3A
The article reports on the impact of the Senate Bill 245 on telecommunication industry who wants to provide statewide video franchises in the U.S. Municipalities, which grant franchise agreements to cable to television companies and collect millions in fees in return, reacted when Senator Brandt...
- State Franchising:. // CableFAX Daily;6/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 124, p1
Reports on the approval of a state franchising legislation by the North Carolina House. Provisions of the bill, including the taxation of al video services in the state with a 7% sales tax.
- Competition:. // CableFAX Daily;7/7/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 130, p2
Presents news briefs concerning cable television networks in the U.S. as of July 2006. Video franchise granted by Anne Arundel County, Maryland to Verizon; Incentives provided by BellSouth to its new residential quad play subscribers; Triple pack bundle offered by AT&T to its new residential...
- Video-Franchise Bills Turn Up Like Bad Pennies. // Telecom Policy Report;3/13/2006, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p1
Provides information on video-franchise bills proposed and signed in the U.S. as of March 2006. Significance of a legislation signed by Virginia Governor Timothy M. Kaine that streamlines the video-franchise process; Provisions of Virginia's Cable Competition Act; Opposition of the New Jersey...
- Hoosier Loser. // CableFAX Daily;3/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p1
Focuses on the video-franchising bill passed by the state legislature in Indiana. Implications of the bill for cable operators in the state; Problem associated with the bill; Provision of the bill on phone companies in the state.
- Hoosier's Franchise Loser. // CableFAX Daily;3/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the enactment of a video-franchising bill favoring telecommunication companies in Indiana by Governor Mitch Daniels in March 2006.
- Bills Back Bells' Video Entry. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;7/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the introduction of a legislative bill that would allow Baby Bells to provide video service without a franchise in 2005 in the U.S. Legislators who introduced the bill; Value of private capital invested by cable television companies to give quality services to consumers in the U.S.;...