TiVo's Costly Sub Drive
- Second act. Anderson, Diane // Brandweek;4/4/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 14, pSR52
Focuses on the deal of cable operator Comcast with TiVO in which TiVO would provide digital video recorder (DVR) for Comcast's set-top boxes. Estimated value of the deal; Plan of DirectTV to market a competing DVR device from NDS Group; Amount spent by Comcast for advertising in 2004.
- TiVo Discount Escalates DVR Battle. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;9/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p14
Reports on the impact of price discount made by TiVo Inc. on the price competition of digital video recorders (DVR) in the U.S. Amount of DVR from TiVo Inc.; Efforts of DirecTV Inc., former partner of TiVo, to sell its own DirecTV-branded recorders; List of cable operators which are competing...
- Highlights. // Home Media Retailing;1/23/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p22
Reports on the decline in stock of TiVo in the first two trading weeks of 2005, as competitive pressures in the digital video recorder market escalated. Strategic alliance of TiVo with DirecTV; Status of the negotiations of TiVo with Comcast; Announcement by TiVo's chairman and CEO regarding...
- Dish Marketing. // CableFAX Daily;10/10/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 196, p1
Reports on the decision of DirecTV to withdraw from an advertising deal with TiVO for the promotion of its non-TiVo digital video recorder.
- TiVo faces uncertain future in the market it pioneered. Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;6/28/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 26, p10
Assesses the future of TiVo, a provider of digital video recorder (DVR) equipment and services in the U.S. in line with its relations with DirecTV. Percentage of TiVo's revenue attributed to its deal with DirecTV; Number of subscribers that TiVo aims to gain; Rate of TiVo's stake sold by News...
- DirecTV Developing New HD TiVo Recorder. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/20/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p24
Reports on plans of DirecTV Inc. and TiVo Inc. of introducing a combination DirecTV high definition tuner and digital video recorder. Capability of the combination recorder; Information on the deadline for the availability of the recorder; Development of a security software to prevent illegal...
- TiVo a problem? No, ad solution. Whitney, Daisy // Advertising Age;6/6/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 23, pS-4
Reports on the partnership between TiVo and Comcast to develop a system to insert relevant and targeted advertisements into programming that is being played back at another time. Goal of the initiative; Benefit of the partnership to Comcast; Way in which digital video recorders can make...
- TiVo Plugs In Hulu, As Subs Dwindle. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/30/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p9
The article reports that customers of TiVo having premiere digital video recorders can now flick on Hulu Plus, the latest component of the company's over-the-top video strategy aiming to stop clients from dropping TiVo service.
- DirecTV Rolls Out a 100-Hour DVR Set-Top. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);8/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the launching of a 100-hour digital video recorder (DVR)-enabled set-top by DirecTV, along with TiVo and Samsung, on August 26, 2003. Reason cable operators shift their marketing focus from video-on-demand (VOD) to DVR; Comment from Adi Kishore, Yankee Group analyst, on DVR market...