Infinera Pitches Photonic Circuits To Cable Operators
- Eurofiber offers 100 Gigabit Ethernet using Infinera's DTN platform. // Broadband Monthly Newsletter;Jul2012, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the announcement by Infinera Corp. that Eurofiber is using its delay-tolerant networking (DTN) platform to launch 100 Gigabit Ethernet (100GbE) services in the Netherlands and Belgium.
- IslaLink Deploys Infinera Intelligent Transport Network for Submarine Routes in Spain. // Submarine Fiber Optic Communications;Aug2014, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p4
The article discusses submarine telecommunication cables company IslaLink S.A. and deployment of optical transmission equipment manufacturer Infinera's DTN-X packet optical transport networking platform. It is mentioned that the deployment was done to provide Ethernet connectivity between...
- Novel Interconnect Scheme Enhances Comm Design. Gravel, Alain // Electronic Design;9/6/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 19, p59
This article delves into switched-network design, and points out potential pitfalls such as the effects of latency on transport and flow control. Also discussed are a couple of variations on switched design, specifically the role it plays in the new Advanced Telecom Computing Architecture. When...
- IC integration drives Fast Ethernet in corporate arena. Palmer, Len; Ho, Tony // Electronic News;05/05/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2166, p52
Focuses on the impact of integrated circuit integration on the use of Ethernet as a standard in corporate networking. Traffic and data accessibility concerns; Design of Ethernet so that each generation can realize a ten-fold performance improvement; Price reduction of 10/100 Ethernet solutions;...
- From Fast to Faster: Ethernet IC Vendors Get Gig-E with It. Wolf, Mike // Electronic News;11/01/99, Vol. 45 Issue 44, p12
Presents information on the Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet integrated circuit (IC) market. Factor driving the move to faster Ethernet networks; Layers of an Ethernet IC; Projected growth of the market.
- Mapper and framer chips control traffic management on
networks. Bush, Steve; Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;6/9/2004, Issue 2150, p7
This article reports that Agere Systems Inc. has launched what it claims are the most integrated mapper and framer chips, aimed at meeting the increasing need for traffic management on telecom networks. The firm's Datamapper system-on-chip family integrates over 30 functions into an...
- Connecting the Ethernet island dots. Buckley, Sean // Telecommunications;Jun/Jul2008, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses the issue concerning the problem on network connection that Cox Communication's Las Vegas operation have encountered at Reno, Nevada. According to sales director for Cox Business Services Steve Walsh, the connection produces a couple of problems particularly the bank which...
- Interoute upgrades Infinera DTN to support 100 Gigabit Ethernet services across Europe. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;10/19/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p13
The article reports that Infinera of Sunnyvale, California has announced that Interoute, operator of a pan-European network, has launched 100 Gigabit Ethernet services across Europe using the Infinera DTN solution. According to the author, Interoute has integrated 100 Gigabit Ethernet support on...
- LSI LOGIC UNVEILS FULLY INTEGRATED INTELLIGENT ETHERNET SWITCH. // LAN Product News;May2000, p5
Reports the launching of L64324 Intelligent Ethernet Switch, a single chip integrated standard product by LSI Logic Corp. in California. Product efficiency in terms of chip networking; Use of the product in Ethernet applications; Features and pricing of the product; Products offered by the company.