Slow and Steady Wins in Simulcasts
- I can see clearly now. Schumuckler, Eric // Adweek Midwest Edition;5/6/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 19, pSR18
Reports on the utilization of high-definition transmission among television system operators, including Comcast and Charter Communications. Application of digital technology in television transmission; Projected cost of high-definition television system; Volume of subscribers for cable...
- Comcast Keeps Making Digital Gains. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p174
Reports on the continued growth of the digital television subscriber base of Comcast Corp. during the first quarter of 2000. Digital cable's warding off of direct-broadcast satellite penetration; Financial performance.
- Comcast Execs Vow to Keep Pedal to Metal. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p16
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to re-invest its digital-cable revenue. Launching of two products yearly; Acquisitions made by the company; Investment in rebuilds.
- Comcast to launch digital in Philly. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/97, Vol. 127 Issue 43, p57
Highlights Comcast Corp.'s launch of its digital television (TV) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Total number of channels of digital programming offered by Comcast; Comcast's interest in digital as an offensive strategy intended to generate new revenue; Pricing for Comcast's digital TV.
- NEWS BYTES. // Communications Technology;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p16
Presents news briefs related to information technology and telecommunications industry as of March 2003. Television channel launched by Charter with Adtec's Soloist2-S-DVD MPEG2 playback system; Technology from nCUBE Corp. that will be used by Time Warner Cable; Digital television units sold by...
- Standards propel DTV forward. Dinallo, Chris // CED;Jan2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p72
Focuses on the objectives of the TV Linux Alliance specification standard. Deployment of digital television; Development of code analysis tool for debugging and performance tuning; Reduction of royalty license fees.
- Transmission lines for DTV. Markley, Don // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p64
Discusses the issue on the transmission lines for digital television (DTV). Transmission line of very high frequency (VHF) stations; Emergence of a dual-band combiner transmission lines; Problem with the power rating of the feed lines.
- Congrats Time Warner. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on Time Warner Cable Inc., Carolina Region as the "System of the Year" of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers and another on the digital television (DTV) transition.
- New confidence for UK DTT. Marshall, Peter // TVB Europe;Oct2002, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p54
Cites the increased confidence of the telecommunication industry for the growth digital terrestrial television (DTT) in Great Britain. Forecast of an increase sale in integrated digital television; Number of broadcasters awarded with licenses to operate DTT; Measures taken to improve the poor...