Charter Floats $8.4B Refi Plan
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p28
Presents news briefs in the television broadcasting industry as of November 10, 2003. Statement from Charter Communications Inc. regarding subsidiaries that will issue bonds to pay for its debt; Move of OpenTV Inc. to sell its online-education business; Plan of General Cable Corp. to proceed...
- Charter Moves To Control Debt. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/29/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 35, p4
Reports that Charter Communications Inc. is persuading investors to exchange bonds for notes as part of the company's efforts to restructure its debt in August 2005.
- Spreads For Intermediate, Long NJ. GOs Stay at Near-Record Levels. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32154, p6
This article presents information related to credit spreads for intermediate and long-end New Jersey general obligation bonds that reached their widest levels in more than a decade and have remained in that range, according to Municipal Market Data. While current spreads for New Jersey's...
- Connecticut Readies 1st Competitive Sale in 6 Years. Helen Chang // Bond Buyer;5/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32142, p1
The article presents information about the selling of general obligation debt by Connecticut. Connecticut's selling of $315 million of general obligation debt is its first competitive sale in six years. The upcoming sale features straightforward fixed-rate bonds, maturing 2006 through 2025, and...
- Arizona's Chandler School District Preps $44M GO Sale. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32056, p4
The article reports that Arizona's Chandler Unified School District No. 80 will issue $43.95 million in 20-year general obligation bonds in a negotiated sale this week, combining debt authorizations in the process. The district will use the remaining debt from a $59.95 million bond authorization...
- GREEN BONDS REDUX. Rand, Tom // Corporate Knights Magazine;Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p47
The author explains the Green Bonds proposal made by the Green Bonds Team. He states that when Canadians buy a government-backed bond for a higher funding to increase renewable energy production by giving low-cost debt to renewable energy producers. He furthers that the government would support...
- Call Of The Mild: Call Premiums Not So Hot. G. S. // Bank Loan Report;2/12/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the condition of the finance market in the U.S. as of February 12, 2007. According to the author, investors have small leverage against tightening spreads. However, he points that a soft call premium enables the company to prepay the debt at par for a variety of reasons,...
- Untitled. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;5/14/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 18, p12
Reports the completion of the debt refinancing scheme of chemical company PolyOne in May 2003. Scope of the restructuring scheme; Debt rating of PolyOne.
- Despite Bulky Cash Coffers, US Cos Not Paying Down Debt. J.M. // Bank Loan Report;7/19/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p10
Focuses on a Fitch Ratings study released in July 2004, which shows that corporate cash balances for double-B to single-A rated companies have been expanding since 2001.