Will You Want Your MHD?
- HD roll out in Ukraine. Stevens, Philip // TVB Europe;Dec2010, p1
The article reports on the move of the commercial television network, STB, to purchase a new outside broadcast vehicle that originates programmes in high definition (HD) television in Ukraine.
- Sony Pictures Networks launches Max HD, targets urban movie buffs. // Indiantelevision.com;12/22/2015, p1
The article previews the High Definition (HD) version of the Hindi movie channel Sony Max of Sony Pictures Networks (SPN) India.
- The WB has a wait-and-see HDTV attitude. Shaw, Russell // Electronic Media;11/02/98, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p28
Focuses on WB Television Network's deliberation on whether to use high definition television (HDTV) as its digital format of choice when it commences digital television (DTV) broadcasts in the United States in 1999. WB's efforts in taking a careful look at DTV formatting options; Company's...
- Time Warner, Disney Strike Retrans Deal. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;4/9/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 15, p50
The article focuses on a multi-year distribution agreement between Time Warner Cable and Walt Disney Co. to extend retransmission consent for the ABC-owned television stations. This also provides for carriage of several Disney networks, which includes ABC Family, Disney Channel, ESPN, and ESPN2....
- Turner looks to HDTV. // Electronic Media;06/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p1
Focuses on an announcement by Time Warner vice chairman, Ted Turner that Turner Network Television and Turner Broadcasting Systems (TBS), is planning to go to high-definition television (HDTV). Where did he make this announcement; What advice did he have for broadcasters; Additional information...
- HBO goes HDTV; now who's next? McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;06/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p4
Questions whether other networks will follow the move by Home Box Office (HBO) and to high-definition television (HDTV). When is HBO expected to begin broadcasting in HDTV; Why are other broadcasters weighing the multichannel options; Comments from cable operators.
- FIOS GETS ON-DEMAND ABC TV. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;11/2/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p12
The article reports on the deal between Verizon Communications and Disney-ABC Television Group which would allow Verizon's primetime network line-up to be offered through video-on-demand (VOD) in high-definition. Verizon agreed to disable the fast-forward option on its fiber optic services...
- Encore going HDTV. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/30/94, Vol. 124 Issue 22, p54
Reports that Encore will launch a high definition television (HDTV) programming service as soon as the Federal Communications Commission settles on a transmission standard.
- Discovery sees a future with HDTV. Galetto, Mike // Electronic Media;07/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p47
Announces that the Discovery Channel cable television network is launching a high-definition television (HDTV) service. Who made the announcement; Comments from chief executive officer of Discovery Channel, John Hendricks; Details on Discovery Channel's interest in digital technology.