- The Packaging Punch. Grebb, Michael // Multichannel News;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p20
Deals with the professional sports-packaging strategy used by U.S. cable operators to attract subscribers, as of August 2004. Rights won by DirecTV Inc. to exclusively telecast the National Football League games; Sport packages offered by In Demand LLC; Advantages of sport-packaging.
- Brazil's Pay TV Game. Penteado, Claudia // Ad Age Global;May2001, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p32
Provides information on the different cable television operators in Brazil that provide pay-per-view services for sports programs and events. Viewership of soccer and extreme sports events; Pay-per-view rates from Pan-American Sports Network and SporTV; Advertisers of cable and satellite networks.
- TVKO Starts Slowly With 2001 Fight Slate. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;01/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p22
Reports on developments related to pay-per-view (PPV) broadcast of boxing in the United States as of January 29, 2001. PPV operator TVKO's plan to distribute the April 7, 2001, bout between Prince Naseem Hamed and Marco Antonio Barerra; Boxer Oscar De La Hoya's termination of his contract with...
- On Deck. // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p1
The article reports on the launching of regional sports cable network SportsNet New York in Spring 2005. Sports events that it will organize are listed. Star attractions of the network are described.
- TVKO's Next Pitch: Vargas-Trinidad. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p132
Focuses on the plans of pay-per-view operator TVKO for the Fernando Vargas-Felix Trinidad boxing match on December 2, 2000. Benefits to be derived from the multimedia promotional campaign; Advertising plans.
- Comcast Takes Chicago, Eyes Other Regionals. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/08/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p49
Reports on a plan of Comcast Corp. to expand its sports reach westward with the fall of 2004 launch of a Chicago, Illinois-based regional television network. Information on the launching of Comcast SportsNet Chicago; Percentage of stake to be owned by Comcast in the Chicago network; States that...
- Late Breaking News. // Cable World (10427228);8/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p5
Presents updates on cable television industry in the U.S. as of August 25, 2003. Resignation of Kim Kelly at Insight Communications; Findings of a survey of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) subscription; Information on a promotion of TBS cable network for its television coverage of college...
- Hopkins Welcomes HBO PPV. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p2
Reports the successful opening of Home Box Office Pay Per View (PPV) via the fight of boxer Felix Trinidad Bernard Hopkins. Delay of the fight; Pursuit for PPV events in lighter weight classes for 2002; Significance of the event.
- The Sports Net That Fox Built. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p12
Focuses on the business operations of sports cable television network Fox Sports Networks (FSN). Pressures faced by FSN from cable distributors; Solutions to the problem that FSN faced from cable distributors; Statement from Ben Thompson, president of FSN.