Here's Why We Call Them...Leaders of the Pack
- Waiting to Exhale. Wolff, Michael // New York;02/14/2000, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p40
Features Geraldine Laybourne and her cable television channel. Reason behind Laybourne's success; Approaches on Laybourne's proposition; How she gets over her distribution channels.
- NCTA'S POINT PERSON: Luckett Helps Nets Find A Voice. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;1/29/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, special section p14
The article focuses on the contributions of former Senate aide Jill Luckett to the National Cable & Telecommunications Association in the U.S. She was trained to become the association's senior vice president of program network policy. One was on Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C. as legislative...
- Thinking Inside the Box. Heintz, Nadine // Inc.;Jul2004, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p90
Features Geraldine Laybourne, founder of cable network Oxygen Media. Contribution to the success of the Nickelodeon TV network; Changes in the network's programming; Increase in the average daily viewers of Oxygen during the first quarter of 2004.
- DOLAN BUCKS BOARD ON VOOM. Dempsey, John; Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;3/8/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 50, p4
Reports on the efforts of Chuck Dolan, chairman of Cablevision Systems Corp., to keep Voom satellite service operating in the U.S. Negotiation of Dolan with Sears Roebuck & Co. for the continuity of the operations of the unit; Increase of the sales of the company with the revelation of the...
- Eisner extends a cable olive branch. McClintok, Pamela; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;5/8/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 49, p18
Reports on the appearance of Michael Eisner, executive of Walt Disney, at the National Cable Show in New Orleans, Louisiana. Reconciliation to cable operators during the show; Reaction to Eisner's presence during in the show; Socialization with different executives during the show.
- Counting down to Oxygen. McAdams // Broadcasting & Cable;01/17/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p132
Reports on the plan of Geraldine Laybourne to launch the television network Oxygen. Appearance of Oxygen on cable systems; Offerings of the TV network.
- Laybourne waits to exhale. McAdams // Broadcasting & Cable;10/18/99, Vol. 129 Issue 43, p29
Focuses on cable television network Oxygen as of October 18, 1999. Network president Geraldine Laybourne's partners in promoting the network; Carriage deals of the network with cable operators.
- Geraldine Laybourne. // Electronic Media;01/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p36
Presents an interview with Geraldine Laybourne, chairman of Oxygen Media regarding cable television trends. Key to expanding women's TV programming in 1999-2004; Steps in convincing media buyers about the untapped women's market; Number of cable TV channels.
- Nick rewards key executives. Hettrick, Scot // Hollywood Reporter;1/31/95, Vol. 335 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the promotion of key executives at Nickelodeon cable television network. Increased responsibilities of Nickelodeon president Geraldine Laybourne; Promotion of senior vice president Herb Scannell to executive vice president.